• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

New Revell Easy Kit 17" X-Wing kit!

Started by Bryancd, November 25, 2013, 03:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Bromptonboy

How are you going to save that until your son is old enough to work on it with you?!
Pete

Bryancd

Quote from: Bromptonboy on November 26, 2013, 11:20:52 AM
How are you going to save that until your son is old enough to work on it with you?!

I'll never make it, Pete! This is getting built NOW!

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Bryancd on November 26, 2013, 01:14:13 PM
Quote from: Bromptonboy on November 26, 2013, 11:20:52 AM

I'll never make it, Pete! This is getting built NOW!
When he comes over to play with it - tell him to 'Get one of your own, kid!'.  :)
Pete

Rico

Can't wait to see it.  Bryan, are you ever tempted to hang models like that from fishing line somewhere or would Jamie put her foot down?  I miss my old bedroom growing up where I had a lot of models suspended from the ceiling.  :)

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on November 28, 2013, 04:20:10 AM
Can't wait to see it.  Bryan, are you ever tempted to hang models like that from fishing line somewhere or would Jamie put her foot down?  I miss my old bedroom growing up where I had a lot of models suspended from the ceiling.  :)

I did in my room and in our attic as a kid as well! Jamie would shoot those down...literally. :)

Bryancd

It looks like ILM circa 1976 in my kitchen....Needless to say the kit comes together FAST. It's well engineered and although I had glue at the ready, I never needed to use it, all the snap tight parts snapped tight. Very little gaps or seams at all. Nice little detail elements like the torpedoes and sensor array in the nose cone. My plan is to whip this together, as seen, and then spend some time working on weathering detail. Fun model for the novice/intermediate builder, about the same size as my Hasbro.

Bryancd

It's a great size!

Bryancd

All done! Time for some weathering!

Rico

WOW - that was fast!  Is it all pre-painted, decaled, etc. as it shows?  Is there a landing gear option?

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on November 30, 2013, 04:40:36 AM
WOW - that was fast!  Is it all pre-painted, decaled, etc. as it shows?  Is there a landing gear option?

Yes and yes! It's really well engineered and designed. It just came together so easy!

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on November 30, 2013, 04:52:01 AM
Quote from: Rico on November 30, 2013, 04:40:36 AM

Yes and yes! It's really well engineered and designed. It just came together so easy!

Looks great!  I'll bet after weathering it up that it will look pretty much like a good old days studio model!

billybob476

Awesome looking! I'd have thought you'd do the weathering before assembly.

Bryancd

Quote from: billybob476 on November 30, 2013, 07:02:07 AM
Awesome looking! I'd have thought you'd do the weathering before assembly.

Should be easy to do it when complete, Joe.

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com