• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Big News from Comic-Con. Batman and Superman movie

Started by writerinthewild, July 20, 2013, 06:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leighgion

In a way, this idea has been a long time coming given how much stronger Batman's box office draw has kept up over the years versus Superman's.

Now let's just see if DC's preternatural ability to screw anything up that doesn't involve a bat is stronger than the Bat-luck.

Bryancd

I can say as a more casula fan of both franchises, I would have rather seen a Man of Steel 2 featuring a Lex Luthor villan and a seperate reboot of Batman. This mix up doesn't move the needle of interest for me.

Meds

I think you are still going to get a Luthor based story.

Jobydrone

I agree with previous comments that Affleck would make a great Bruce Wayne but I'm not certain we'll see a lot of Bruce Wayne in this movie.  I also agree that Affleck is stronger in more comedic roles, his overall acting is rather bland and one note...remember he was shut out of the best actor category for his film Argo even as it was nominated in practically every other category.  I think there was probably good reason for that.  All that aside, I can see him doing well in this role.  I've liked him far more than I've disliked him in films, especially in his early Kevin Smith movies like Chasing Amy, which is up there (somewhere) as one of my favorite movies of all time.  Also really good in The Town, and I didn't hate him as Jack Ryan in Sum of All Fears either.  Daredevil was just a mistake on many levels, but none of them lay at the feet of Affleck in my opinion.  A bad script, terrible portrayal of the Kingpin (sorry MCD but you sucked in that, RIP anyway) are the major problems with that movie.  I am really looking forward to this movie, and hope the excitement over Batman being in it doesn't backfire and overshadow the fact that this is really still Man of Steel 2.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Meds

Saw this earlier. Says it all really.

ChrisMC

First World problems, all of us! Here's a photoshopped pic of him in the cowl. i lke. AND there's heavy rumors saying that Bryan Cranston INDEED will be announced as Lex Luthor. Nobody can hate on that, can they??
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Meds

Bryancd

Meds

Lol oh Bryan Dunn I love you ;)

Is the rumour of Cranston taking the Luthor role just because he had a shiny head in Breaking Bad? If so then it could just as well be Patrick Stewart in Shatner ( see what I did there )

ChrisMC

I see what you did there. Cranston can also play chilling and funny in the same character and I think he will own that role.

X

I really like the choice of Affleck for the role. Not much else to say.

Meds

I find it ironic Wil Wheaton tweeted what he did considering his résumé consists of one good film (stand by me) & playing THE most irritating role in a franchised tv series (TNG). I'm sure Affleck dreams of making YouTube TV shorts and getting excited about the latest D&D game.

Bryancd

Quote from: Meds on August 23, 2013, 11:40:35 PM
I find it ironic Wil Wheaton tweeted what he did considering his résumé consists of one good film (stand by me) & playing THE most irritating role in a franchised tv series (TNG). I'm sure Affleck dreams of making YouTube TV shorts and getting excited about the latest D&D game.

Yeah, I saw that yesterday as well. Can't say I have ever thought much about him, less so now.

Rico

Here's an exclusive look at some early costumes tests with Affleck.  I don't see why everyone is so worked up?

ChrisMC

Quote from: Bryancd on August 24, 2013, 04:42:51 AM
Quote from: Meds on August 23, 2013, 11:40:35 PM

Yeah, I saw that yesterday as well. Can't say I have ever thought much about him, less so now.
It IS odd when an actor who hasn't achieved a level of success in many years downs another actor...comes off like jealousy, even if he is just a fan.

Digging the fro on Robin...that Batsuit looks more like a devil suit though. Not sure I'm on board with this reboot.