• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

STAR WARS Rebels- New animated show coming!!!!

Started by Bryancd, May 20, 2013, 07:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisMC

It was SD on Comcast, but now that I have DirecTV it's in HD. Ready for some more great stuff from Filoni and crew.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

This is over a year away still so I wouldn't worry about the channel thing yet.  I have Comcast and have Disney XD in HD.  Watching the new Avengers series on the channel.

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on July 28, 2013, 04:47:43 PM
This is over a year away still so I wouldn't worry about the channel thing yet.  I have Comcast and have Disney XD in HD.  Watching the new Avengers series on the channel.

Especially considering Disney can reach into Network as well through ABC, they are going to want to deliver on this in as broad a range as possible considering the resources they can bring to bear.

Rico

Bryancd

At leat it shows what the animation style is going to look like.

Bromptonboy

Pete

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on October 08, 2013, 03:08:17 PM
At leat it shows what the animation style is going to look like.

Not really.  We would need to see some characters to really get a feel for that.  I know it's a year off still and I'm looking forward to this quite a bit but this really didn't do much for me.

Bryancd

I can get a good feel for what it's going to look like from this, characters included. It's apre muted tone palette then CW, characters will be likely more organic, less angular. Fitting and more OT actually.

Rico

Wow - you got all that from that 16 seconds?!  Wild!

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on October 08, 2013, 04:22:23 PM
Wow - you got all that from that 16 seconds?!  Wild!

That and all the pre-production art which has been released. Try and keep up. ;)

Bryancd

Packaging for STAR WARS Rebels figures, more clues!

Rico

The Inquisitor!

The next great villain from a galaxy far, far away is here. Fans attending Lucasfilm's Star Wars Rebels panel today at New York Comic Con got the world's first look at the Inquisitor, a black-clad, intimidating figure who will play a prominent role in the upcoming animated series. In a special video (available below) screened at the end of the panel, Star Wars Rebels executive producer Dave Filoni officially revealed the character, showing a sculpted maquette, design sketches, and disclosing that the Inquisitor is "tasked by Darth Vader to hunt down the remaining Jedi Knights."

more at:  http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=110388

Bryancd

I can't wait! Getting very excited. Dave Filoni was interviewed on this weeks Rebel Force Radio as well. Couldn't reveal much but just having him in charge is awesome.

jedijeff

From looking at the picture, looks like he draws a bit of inspiration from the Sith Inquisitors from the Old Republic time frame.