"Defiance" - tv series/game

Started by Rico, April 14, 2013, 07:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Yep, I'm still enjoying Defiance too.  It's taking a little while to get going but I like the characters and setting.  Easy to stay with it since they already announced a second season will be coming too.

WillEagle

Only Farscape season one is available on Hulu or Hulu Plus.
On episode 3 of Defiance. Its only available on Hulu web only. Which is better than nothing when you don't have cable.

Rico

If you have Amazon Prime, you can watch all of "Farscape."  And don't forget to check SyFy for their programs.  All of "Defiance" can be watched there now.

http://www.defiance.com/en/series/video/2639565

ElfManDan

Defiance is uptodate on Hulu too, not having cable myself it's the only way I can watch stuff, and SyFy has been really good about putting Defiance up next day (if only they'd do that for all their shows).

Feathers

I'd still like to see a little more history from this show although that's perhaps more of a personal preference than a criticism of what's being presented.

As it is, we seem to be pushing forward with their 'story of the week' approach and I can live with that for the moment but longer term, I think, we either need to see a little more of the arc-plot they keep hinting at or go back and analyse the events that got us to the point we're at.

Hopefully, we'll get to see both :)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bromptonboy

I watched about half of the current episode - and started to fade fast.  I hope it picks up..I want to like this show, but it doesn't seem to be happening..
Pete

Feathers

I think I'm still an episode behind. I haven't looked at last night's yet.

WillEagle

Bromptonboy

I am all caught up.  Still hoping this show finds itself.  How many more episodes for this season?
Pete

Dangelus

I'm enjoying it for the most part. Up to date and the last couple of episodes I thought were really good.

Feathers

This weeks grabbed me a little more than most of the others, I think because it touched on the origin story of how the planet got into the state it's in. If they're going to start tying things together a little more now that we've worked through the establishing stories then I might warm to this a little more.

Not giving up by any means but still only luke warm.

Bromptonboy

Yes it seems to be a compelling back story. 
Pete

Bromptonboy

I enjoyed this weeks episode.  Starting to get good - hope they keep up the momentum.  The back story still is not clear to me, but that is intentional I think.  Unless they are steering you to the game for more answers.
Pete

Feathers

Quote from: Bromptonboy on June 27, 2013, 03:26:38 AM
I enjoyed this weeks episode.  Starting to get good - hope they keep up the moment.  The back story still is not clear to me, but that is intentional I think.  Unless they are steering you to the game for more answers.

That's what I'm wondering.

X

A little of both. You find out a few more things about it in the game and online, but it's a mystery on purpose.