• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

"Defiance" - tv series/game

Started by Rico, April 14, 2013, 07:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feathers

Quote from: X on June 27, 2013, 07:20:30 AM
A little of both. You find out a few more things about it in the game and online, but it's a mystery on purpose.

Which is good news since, for me, it's really the promise of getting into that mystery that has been keeping me engaged. Although now, if I'm honest, it's growing on me week by week in other ways too.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Feathers on June 27, 2013, 08:46:25 AM
Quote from: X on June 27, 2013, 07:20:30 AM
A little of both. You find out a few more things about it in the game and online, but it's a mystery on purpose.

Which is good news since, for me, it's really the promise of getting into that mystery that has been keeping me engaged. Although now, if I'm honest, it's growing on me week by week in other ways too.
Yes - same here.  I was loosing my enthusiasm before, but now I am glad I stuck with the show. 
[spoiler]Seems like they are getting all 'Game Of Thrones' on us by killing off main characters!  :) [/spoiler]
Pete

Feathers

Agreed, (with the spoiler) it's finally amping up in the direction I've been waiting for it to go. Looking forward to tonight's episode for what is probably the first time.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bromptonboy

Just watched this 2nd to last (of the season) show.  I enjoyed it, but one thing annoyed me:
[spoiler]I almost gagged when they started to play that version of Cindy Lauper's 'Time After Time' to the alien girl wandering in the forest![/spoiler]
Pete

X

Quote from: Bromptonboy on July 02, 2013, 03:08:09 AM
Just watched this 2nd to last (of the season) show.  I enjoyed it, but one thing annoyed me:
[spoiler]I almost gagged when they started to play that version of Cindy Lauper's 'Time After Time' to the alien girl wandering in the forest![/spoiler]
I had the exact opposite response I really liked that cover of it. So much so that I downloaded the entire Defiance soundtrack.

Rico

It's weird, but I really like this commercial even thought they play it too much during the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df7gwTEy8Vw#ws

Bromptonboy

They should do product placement for sunblock with those albino aliens..  :0
Pete

Bromptonboy

Just watched the season finale.  It was very good!  There is finally a payoff on watching this show (IMHO) - and I am looking forward to the next season.
[spoiler]Love the albino lady - what a cool character.  Like her even more now that she polished off the 'madame' of Defiance.
I wonder how the new mayor will get out of this pickle - having whacked the Earth Republic guy?[/spoiler]
Pete

WillEagle

I was watching tis on Hulu and got behind on it. This week they removed some of the episodes I hadn't seen yet so hopefully it shows up on Netflix.

ChrisMC

The game is on sale at Steam for like 13 bucks. Gonna try it out.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

Quote from: ChrisMC on July 11, 2013, 01:15:50 PM

Does the game also require a monthly fee?  I still need to watch the season finale on my TIVO.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Rico on July 12, 2013, 09:04:52 AM
Quote from: ChrisMC on July 11, 2013, 01:15:50 PM

Does the game also require a monthly fee?  I still need to watch the season finale on my TIVO.
It was pretty good Rico - and I have been skeptical all season.
Pete

X

The game is free to play, but you can buy more slots and stuff with real money

Rico

Just watched and enjoyed the finale.  Only 11 months until season 2!  Maybe I'll try the game in the meantime.

WillEagle

If its going to be 11 months it should pop up on netflix then.