• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Bob Iger confirms new SW films beyond the sequel trilogy.

Started by Bryancd, February 05, 2013, 02:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

I put this in the other thread but will these films be a straight to DVD release ? I find it hard to believe you 'd get people rushing out to sit through a 2 hour film about Yoda.

ricdude

There will need to be some balance between the "Lucas" model of three movies every 30 years, and the "Winnie the Pooh" model of 4 hours a day on tv, plus a direct to home video every year.   It seems likely, given Disney's history that a sequel trilogy (ST?) would be A-list theatre release material, and a host of direct to home video releases would augment the movie cycle and the rest of the universe. I wouldn't be surprised to see a tv show or two thrown in the mix, too. (Ewok Adventures, Lando's Bespin Empire, etc.)

Bryancd

I would caution people who assume Disney will handle content creation and distribution of their STAR WARS property the same way they have handled their historic proprietary franchises. There is no indication that's their intent at all and I think they appreciate the distinction.

jedijeff

I have to say, would be really cool to see a Boba Fett and Han Solo movie. Would be cool to go through Han Story, with him in the Imperial Academy and getting booted out and joining up with Chewbacca. Maybe even cover off him winning the Falcon. Would be also interested if they delved a bit into the Corporate sector, but would understand if they did not want to do that.

Dangelus

I'm starting to get the feeling that Disney are going to do a "Lucas" to an even greater extent than George did himself by saturating the market with SW merchandise and content. At least it will be original content and hopefully they don't push to hard that quality suffers.