• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Hasbro Star Wars "Black Series" Figures

Started by Rico, February 02, 2013, 07:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Nice haul Bryan!  I really need to find that Luke!

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on August 16, 2013, 02:59:53 PM
Nice haul Bryan!  I really need to find that Luke!

I bought these on Amazon for a really good deal. Lower prices then E.E. by a little. I got them all separately, although three came from one seller. You know what was cool was that E.E. actually e-mailed me to ask why I canceled by case order. Very nice customer service.

jedijeff

You guys are making it harder and harder for me to resist. Fortunately they still keep getting picked off the pegs before I get to the store  ;)

Bryancd

What's so smart about this line is it offers a new generation of collectors to step in and a more manageable, albeit more $, release schedule. And the quality is terrific, although I am keeping them boxed for Jensen to enjoy.

jedijeff

I am pretty much sold on these, though they still allude me, as a friend of mine and I spent Saturday trying to track these down. Just a matter of time as I can see at the Walmarts the space is there for them. I agree in that has sort of reinvigorated the modern line of Star Wars action figures for me. In our Travels we ran across the 3 Foot Darth Vader from Jakks Pacific, it looked cool, but not enough for me to actually want to own it, mostly because there was no option to have him hold a lightsaber, just a molded hilt to his belt.

ChrisMC

Yeah, I was so done with Star Wars collecting. The last figure I bought was a Cad Bane a couple years ago.  Gonna pick up the remaining two if they are still at the Target in the next town on Friday.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bryancd

Some high res pics of Wave 2. I like the Han, Greedo, and Boba, the Boba is REALLY nice, but that Leia is terrible. I was thinking of collecting all of these but that isn't worth it. I also think collecting Slave Leia figures is a bizarre geek fetish. And I don't see these being valuable in 30 years either.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/High_Resolution_Hasbro_6Inch_Black_Series_Wave_2_153746.asp

Rico

Who buys figures to sell in 30 years?  I buy them if I like them!  :)

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on August 19, 2013, 04:15:04 PM
Who buys figures to sell in 30 years?  I buy them if I like them!  :)

Which is what I am going to do. :) That Leia is just weird.

And I certainly can appreciate the value of collectibles if you recall. :)

Rico

I wasn't referring to you Bryan.  :)

Leia could use a better paint application.  For figures with little clothing, it might be better to do less articulation.  The odd thing is I heard on Star Wars Action News them talking to Hasbro saying how they were able to come up with a way to hid the joints better on the Slave Leia.  Yeah, I don't see it.

jedijeff

That Leia doesn't look very good, I sort of hope they pack the cases more heavy on Fett and less on that Slave Leia.

I think this will be a bit of a pick and choose line for me. I was thinking I might pickup all the figures that were done in the Original Kenner line, and then the Prequel and other OT figures that I like.

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on August 19, 2013, 04:34:08 PM
I wasn't referring to you Bryan.  :)

Leia could use a better paint application.  For figures with little clothing, it might be better to do less articulation.  The odd thing is I heard on Star Wars Action News them talking to Hasbro saying how they were able to come up with a way to hid the joints better on the Slave Leia.  Yeah, I don't see it.

Yeah, I heard that show and would agree in general but this one looks a wonky.

Bryancd

See, here are all of Wave 1 and the points of articulation are well concealed within the clothing. Even in Wave 2, Han, Greedo, and Boba look great, it's just Leia that's a big old mess. It just begs the question as to why even bother making that figure.

ChrisMC

Yeah, why not make New Hope Leia, Hoth Leia, Bespin Leia....I never cared for a figure of Slave Leia. I'm sure they'll get to those, but that looks like ass. Fett looks awesome though.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

jedijeff

I like all the accessories that come with Han, you can do him up in a few different versions which is nice. I guess will see if that cuts down on all the different variations they release. The 3 3/4 line had numerous versions of ANH Han, and might have been one of the reasons I burned out on Action Figures, as they just had some many different versions of the same character.