• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Started by Rico, November 10, 2012, 05:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

So, JJ Abrams is making the rounds on the talk shows and he got some funny ideas for the next Star Wars movie on Jimmy Kimmel.  Watch for some special guests:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDkC_EkEUCg#!#ws

Bromptonboy

Pete

Rico

Rumor floating around that actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers is going to star in 'Star Wars: Episode VII.'  I could see him playing a son of Luke or Han.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni54006838/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t1

Bryancd

Big fan of his work in The Tudors. And Bend it like Beckham. :)

WillEagle

Didn't want to start a new thread for this but the wife got some Columbus Clippers tickets from a co-worker and they were behind home plate! Plus it was Star Wars Day!!! Lots of kids dressed up and some adults too. Plus the Clippers had folks dressed up like the characters and they were really cool. They had Padme and Anakin, lots of Jedi and Sith, JarJar and of course Darth Vader and some Stormtroopers. Anakin really looked liked Hayden. Now that I think about it it could have been him because I haven't heard of him being in any new movies lately. lol They also had a fireworks display set to Star Wars music. And I'll admit when they turned the lights down for the fireworks all the people the Clippers had there dressed up went onto the field and the lightsabers were all lit up plus all the kids in the stands had theirs all lit up. Looked pretty awesome. Reminded me of the Battle of Genosis with all those lightsabers! Two of my favorite things baseball and Star Wars. Popcorn is also a favorite and I had some of that too.
I got a cool pic with Darth and his bunch, check it out!

Rico

Casting breakdown being reported online:

Bleeding Cool has managed to get their hands on what they claim is a breakdown of the lead roles in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII. Here are the descriptions they have of the characters:

- Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit.

- Young twenty-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking.

- A late twentysomething male, fit, handsome and confident.

- Seventy-something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanour. Also doesn' t need to be particularly fit.

- A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and fit.

- Forty something male, fit, military type.

- Thirtysomething male, intellectual. Apparently doesn't need to be fit.

Keep in mind that this is not confirmed, but any guesses on who these characters might be? These  are, of course, subject to change, but feel free to sound off with your theories below!

Star Wars: Episode VII will be directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Michael Arndt and is scheduled for a 2015 release. Production on the film will be set up in the UK and casting for the film has allegedly begun today.

UPDATE: TheForce.net reports that Lucasfilm spokesman Miles Perkins has confirmed that the listing is correct.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105646

Dangelus

"- Seventy-something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanour. Also doesn' t need to be particularly fit."

II think I can guess this one!

Bryancd

"sixty something female, preferably a bit intoxicated, medication provided." :)

Rico

Quote from: Dangelus on June 19, 2013, 05:14:56 PM
"- Seventy-something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanour. Also doesn' t need to be particularly fit."

I don't think any of these descriptions are for the main trio.  There is no need to cast for those roles.  I think this is to cast other parts.

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on June 19, 2013, 06:21:01 PM

I don't think any of these descriptions are for the main trio.  There is no need to cast for those roles.  I think this is to cast other parts.

I agree, I was just joking. :)

Dangelus

Quote from: Rico on June 19, 2013, 06:21:01 PM

I was going to go with Jar Jar though ;)

Rico

In looking at some of these descriptions I can't help think of the Solo kids and Luke's from the EU novels (especially since I just read one of the Legacy of the Force books).  I know they said this will be new and not from the books, but there certainly seems to be some similar character types coming.

Bryancd

I think they can tack pretty close to the EU wind without being a complete copy of the New Jedi Order stuff. If we assume that Han and Leia got married, it would stand to reason to assume they would have children at this point. I also think that a strong female lead or co-lead character would be something they would be interested in pursuing. And GL is actually a fan of Jaina Solo, he hates Mara Jade, though, so Luke might be alone.

Rico

I think Luke especially (even more than the Solos), will have to have a kid or two.  The Jedi legacy needs some heirs and he most likely will still be the most powerful Force user around.  I hope whoever is the mother of these kids is still around too.  And I'd love to see a kick-butt, young female Jedi for the women in the audience.  The EU has done a great job of promoting strong female characters.

billybob476

Yes, hopefully they don't pull the standard dead/absent mother Disney trope. This isn't Bambi, Lion King, The Little Mermaid and more I can't think of right now. Did Walt Disney have some kind of mommy issues?