• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Podcast # 405 - "Sky Captain"

Started by Rico, October 07, 2012, 06:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricardocameron

Just got a chance to re-watch with my two younger padawans and they  loved it!  Started listening to your podacst right after that, Dave. Thanks and great job on it.  Can't wait to check out the original 6 minute clip as well.  High praise, my man.
www.GoldenRetrieverErrands.com
"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man, and let history make its own judgment." ~Dr. Zefram Cochrane

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." -Arthur C. Clarke

moyer777

excellent podcast, really enjoyed it!  I learned so much!  Thanks Dave!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

davekill

Thanks guys.
I'd like to see VH1 or A&E do a feature on Kerry and Kevin, talk about a Cinderella story. At least he has a good wiki page;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerry_Conran

It says at one point he was hired to direct the ill-fated 'John Cater of Mars'.
YouTube has his early concept demo reel for the characters and sets.

WillEagle

I finally finished listening to your podcast davekill and I will admit not liking this movie all that well but after listening to your podcast I do want to check it out on Netflix. They are showing it in HD. With your behind the scenes info you shared it could make the movie more interesting to watch. Good job on the show.

Redshirt97

Quote from: davekill on October 23, 2012, 09:16:14 AM
Quote from: Redshirt97 on October 23, 2012, 05:03:25 AM
we both enjoyed it but it seemed like it could have been better some how.
Good point - maybe the story would have been better as a short series rather than a stand-alone-movie.

I liked the Avengers movie partly because it revisited 'the scene of the crime', but on a grander scale.
Both movies had a lot in common; the battle in Manhatten, flying aircraft carrier, and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Glad you like the review :)
Yes I believe you pointed out that this was the first time he was ever directing a movie.  maybe they should have gotton a list director and had him consult.
I am going with the best information that I have.

davekill

Quote from: Redshirt97 on October 25, 2012, 09:24:09 AM
Quote from: davekill on October 23, 2012, 09:16:14 AM
Quote from: Redshirt97 on October 23, 2012, 05:03:25 AM
we both enjoyed it but it seemed like it could have been better some how.
Good point - maybe the story would have been better as a short series rather than a stand-alone-movie.

I liked the Avengers movie partly because it revisited 'the scene of the crime', but on a grander scale.
Both movies had a lot in common; the battle in Manhatten, flying aircraft carrier, and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Glad you like the review :)
Yes I believe you pointed out that this was the first time he was ever directing a movie.  maybe they should have gotton a list director and had him consult.
That would have been the safe bet.

But not only did Kerry just direct, he had to develop the techniques for his actors and cameras to perform on a big empty grid, like a holodeck.

Maybe that's why Kerry directed - because no one else would know how.

Meds

Sorry for late reply I'm a few weeks behind on podcasts so having a TSF day today.
Davekill, great show. I saw this film at the cinema and although initially disappointed I now appreciate how ground breaking it was.

Great podcast :)