• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Podcast # 397 - "Logan's Run"

Started by Rico, August 12, 2012, 06:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

This week we have some new guest hosts covering the film "Logan's Run."  Many members of the Ricardo family join in for this look at this classic, Sci-Fi film.  Here's a few more words from them...

Hey Runner!

In this week's podcast, we cover the great, dystopian Sci-Fi flick from 1976, Logan's Run.
Released just a year before Star Wars, and up against films such as Rocky (released the same year), it's often been overlooked for the awesome Science Fiction story and cinematic achievement it is.

Don 2, Aryn 1 and Ariana 1 provide the music (Moyer777, eat your heart out), commentary, poetry reading, trivia and all-around entertainment.

So put yourself on the Circuit; forget about Last Day!  Take a Maze Car to Arcade, step into the Love Shop with us and enjoy TREKS in SCI-FI podcast #397!

And remember,
THERE IS NO SANCTUARY!

Podcast Notes:  http://treksinscifi.com/podcast_notes/?p=2531

http://www.treksinscifi.com/podcasts/TreksinSciFi_397_Logans_Run.mp3

davekill

Good podcast.
I saw this in the theater and have only dim memories of Michael York as Logan, I must see this movie again!
Thanks to everyone - this was very cool. :)

Ricardocameron

Quote from: davekill on August 12, 2012, 11:41:59 PM
Good podcast.
I saw this in the theater and have only dim memories of Michael York as Logan, I must see this movie again!
Thanks to everyone - this was very cool. :)

Thanks. I'm not active on here or any other forums, as IPcoding and HTML hoping to get a new carrrrreeeeerrr moving.  Jobforahero indeed!  Sure need one.  The podcast was very fun, if somewhat arduous for us to do. I lost almost all of my first recorded data, due to "operator error" lol.  We used the free audio suite 'Audacity', which I highly recommend for amatuers.  It has a bit of a long learning curve, but once you get the hang of it isn't too bad. and it's free :)  We were thinking of doing the classic old series which is my VERY favorite, Battlestar Galactica, but now I see others may cover it!
www.GoldenRetrieverErrands.com
"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man, and let history make its own judgment." ~Dr. Zefram Cochrane

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." -Arthur C. Clarke

Bryancd

Hey man, just got a chance to listen and really enjoyed it, thank you so much for making the effort and a thousand apologies I failed to get any audio to you as I am a real huge Logan's Run fan. I devoured the book based on the screenplay as a kid and saw the film in theaters many times. By the way, i always took the flashing life clocks in Central to be counting done peoples lives. Creepy. Oh, and if you like flameguns and Sandmen, perhaps you missed my thread here on the forums a while back. :)

http://www.treksinscifi.com/forum/index.php?topic=10264.0

Yes, that is a fully functional CC flame gun, the prize of my collection. It's a very modern version with a lot of the engineering difficulties of the original solved for.

Meds

Downloaded and ready for tomorrow. I still use Audacity even though i own Audition.

billybob476

Same here, audacity does everything I could want.

ChrisMC

I really like Audacity, it's very easy to use. Editing is a dream with it.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

davekill

Quote from: Ricardocameron on August 13, 2012, 08:24:53 AM
We were thinking of doing the classic old series which is my VERY favorite, Battlestar Galactica, but now I see others may cover it!

Classic Battlestar has been visited a few times, I wouldn't mind hearing your slant on it too.

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on August 14, 2012, 12:35:55 PM
Downloaded and ready for tomorrow. I still use Audacity even though i own Audition.

Audition sure has powerful features and offers lots of flexibiltity to fit any skill level.
I've been using it's poorer relation 'Sound Booth' which has been discontinued

I like Audacity too, it's a good choice for the price and will do the trick.
Had to import an mp3 plug-in to satisfy some copywrite issue before I could save a file in that format.

Bromptonboy

Looking forward to this one.  Logan's Run is one of my very favorite movies.  I have it downloaded, and ready for the Wednesday commute.
Pete

Meds

Quote from: davekill on August 14, 2012, 02:54:13 PM

I like Audacity too, it's a good choice for the price and will do the trick.
Had to import an mp3 plug-in to satisfy some copywrite issue before I could save a file in that format.

As the price is free you seriously can't complain lol. The MP3 plug in is Lame, (as in its called Lame). I tried to use Audition last month and i it just looked way too complicated for me.

Meds

Back to the podcast, i enjoyed being reminded about Logans Run, will have to go back and watch it again which is always a good sign of a good podcast. Great reading of the cats poem. Made me chuckle at work.

Ricardocameron

Quote from: Bryancd on August 13, 2012, 01:51:17 PM
Oh, and if you like flameguns and Sandmen, perhaps you missed my thread here on the forums a while back. :)

http://www.treksinscifi.com/forum/index.php?topic=10264.0

Yes, that is a fully functional CC flame gun, the prize of my collection. It's a very modern version with a lot of the engineering difficulties of the original solved for.

That's brilliant!  Glad so many enjoyed the podcast. It gave us a great thing to do and brought us together for the project.  We may yet do a classic BSG podcast, we'll see...  Looking for work is of utmost importance while we get our new business off the ground!  It's also cool to get incentive to get back on the forums some more... Thanks all!   www.GoldenRetrieverErrands.com
www.GoldenRetrieverErrands.com
"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man, and let history make its own judgment." ~Dr. Zefram Cochrane

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." -Arthur C. Clarke

stansnig

Excellent podcast very much enjoyed it.  I will have to go back and rewatch it! Great information and clips.  A brilliant team effort.
stansnig

WillEagle

Blue Water comics released a Logan's Run one-shot comic in August. You can probably order it if you missed it.

Redshirt97

I just listen to the podcast about a couple weeks ago.  I didn't have time to comment until now. it was a great podcat.  I first saw logans run on TV back in the 70's.  I really enjoyed watching the TV series that it was based on.  I never got to watch all of the eps back in the day until recently on Rico's geekplay TV.  got to see all of them then.  for that I'm grateful.
I am going with the best information that I have.