• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

2012 Olympics

Started by Bromptonboy, July 27, 2012, 10:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

Any of our UK contingent (or any one for that matter) going to attend the games in London?  I would love to check this one out, but will have to just watch the ceremony on TV tonight.
Pete

Bryancd

Bromptonboy

Same here.  They are broadcasting on NBC at 7:30PM ET in this area.  Danny Boyle handled the organization, and I have always liked all of his creations.  It is going to be tough to beat the Beijing show.
Pete

billybob476

I got the PVR all lined up to record so I can watch when I get in from work.

Bryancd

Quote from: Bromptonboy on July 27, 2012, 12:16:04 PM
Same here.  They are broadcasting on NBC at 7:30PM ET in this area.  Danny Boyle handled the organization, and I have always liked all of his creations.  It is going to be tough to beat the Beijing show.

Yeah, it's going to be near impossible to top that one.

Dangelus

Rico

Bryancd

Meds

The opening ceremony was ground breaking, very very proud to be British. The Bond segment with the Queen was ace, plus you got to hear the Tardis during a Queen song. Having the inventor of the world wide web Tim Berners-Lee in the ceremony was a great idea as well.

WillEagle

That's cool that Patrick Stewart got to carry the flame! Also, I missed the beginning of the Opening. I'll have to find the Queen/Bond segment here somewhere on the WWW. I did see most of it and enjoyed it. The parade of nations seemed to go real quick, which I liked. The commentaters on NBC kept saying how fast is was going.

Meds

Rather shocked to hear NBC cut the tribute to those who died during the London bombings. Their excuse was "we edited it for American viewers" hmmm insult to us and their viewers if you ask me.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/disappointed-nbc-censored-tribute-to-terrorism-victims-out-of-olympic-opening-ceremony/

Bromptonboy

I was getting very annoyed when they were talking over parts of the presentation - this news annoys me more.
Pete

billybob476

Woo! First medal for Canada this morning in women's 3m synchronized springboard diving.

Bryancd

Loved the men's cycling road race, 400 IM final, and Kerri and Misty back together on the beach slappin' butts and spiking balls!

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on July 28, 2012, 11:48:05 PM
Rather shocked to hear NBC cut the tribute to those who died during the London bombings. Their excuse was "we edited it for American viewers" hmmm insult to us and their viewers if you ask me.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/disappointed-nbc-censored-tribute-to-terrorism-victims-out-of-olympic-opening-ceremony/

NBC should be ashamed of how poorly they've handled the Olympics
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr