• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

"Arrow" - CW TV series

Started by Rico, May 17, 2012, 08:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisMC

I really loved last week's episode written by Geoff Johns (look him up if you don't know him, his DC work is epic). I used to not care too much for the island stuff, but now that Deathstroke is in every flashback, it's way better. I wonder if they are going to go into any comic-type stuff with him being a sort of super-soldier. And Deadshot is back, sweet. And [spoiler] Ollie revealing himself to Tommy is gonna have ramifications. Even though it seems his dad is the Merlyn villain of the comics, I'd put money down that Tommy is gonna be taking that mantle to line up with the New 52.[/spoiler]

So glad this show is great.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

Yep - I'm really digging this show too.  Definitely my favorite new series this season.  And it gets better and more interesting with each episode.

WillEagle

I'm 3 episodes behind right now. I really want to get caught back up. I also have been really enjoying this show.

WillEagle

Watched the 'Salvation' episode a few days ago and watched 'Unfinished Business' tonight after being on the Skype chat. 'Unfinished Business was really good and I liked it when Diggle showed up and started kicking butt! Fun episode.

Rico

This series hasn't been letting up at all.  The last few episodes have been awesome!  Season finale is next week.  Still my favorite new series of this past season.

Leighgion

This show has been a really pleasant surprise for me. It doesn't seem like something I'd like on the surface, as it has all the excessive glossiness that the CW inherited from the WB (even the worse part of town is cleaner than the best parts of some real towns), but Arrow's being just a bit more stylized than its predecessors combined with the fact Ollie will actually make good on violent threats makes it work for me.

I find Arrow very much like a modern fairy tale, with Ollie as a twenty-first century Robin Hood who's left the forest but carries on his war from his ancestral castle. While he's the scion of one of Starling City's noble families, he's now mostly arrayed against them. The local sheriff doesn't much like him, but he is winning the hearts of the commoners.

WillEagle

Watched the episode 'Home Invasion' last night and really enjoyed. Looking foward to see how the rest of the season plays out with Ollie and Diggle at odds.

Rico

The season finale was amazing!  This show is just great!!

ChrisMC

Yes, very well done and exciting! I caught a Ferris Airline logo, nice tie in to Green Lantern. Hoping for more DCU creeping in next season, looking forward to Roy and Green Arriw (hopefully) working together.

WillEagle

Finished the last 2 episodes last night. Awesome finale!! So well done. Can't wait until next season to start!

[spoiler]Do you think Tommy will be back?[/spoiler]

Rico

Quote from: WillEagle on May 25, 2013, 07:42:59 AM
Finished the last 2 episodes last night. Awesome finale!! So well done. Can't wait until next season to start!

[spoiler]Do you think Tommy will be back?[/spoiler]

Umm,...

[spoiler]He's kind of dead now.[/spoiler]

ChrisMC

Yeah, Rico I'm pretty sure that's that for him. I listened to an interview with Steven Amell on Geektime, he really seems super enthusiastic and into his character. Really looking forward to season 2, he said they have been given license to utilize alot more of the DCU than they have been. Maybe a trip to Metropolis or Gotham is in order???

Jobydrone

Quote from: ChrisMC on May 25, 2013, 12:00:00 PMhe said they have been given license to utilize alot more of the DCU than they have been. Maybe a trip to Metropolis or Gotham is in order???
I'd like to see that very much.  Ive been just lukewarm on this series although it definitely picked up during the last three or four episodes of the season. Ill be watching season 2 especially if there's some more recognizable characters from DCU. I hope the flashback to the island thing doesn't continue much longer.  Are they really going to drag the origin story out for the life of the whole series?
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

WillEagle

Joby, I saw a Parleyfest interview with the cast and Steven really likes that part of his character. If I remember right he said he hopes they continue it.
And as far as the question I asked in my spoiler tag. This is a show based on a comic book.

ChrisMC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWW6R8rzcZA#at=165

Season 2 sizzle reel, after a recap of season 1...Black Canary at the end! Looks pretty good.