• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Where is Feathers?

Started by Rico, February 03, 2012, 07:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElfManDan

Quote from: billybob476 on February 03, 2012, 12:54:00 PM
I've actually thought about that, not even going as far as death. if something happened to me (I were in an accident or hospitalized or something) I'd want the folks around here to know.

That's exactly it, if I were hospitalized and assuming being cognitive I'd try to make sure everybody knew. The thought I've had is if one of us just died and was gone forever how would we ever know. None of us see each other on a regular basis or have friends that see each of us on a regular basis. All of our communication is over the internet and we would just be gone and nobody would know where. It's just an odd thought I've had before.

Though I admit I think there's enough likelihood that you guys would realize I disappeared on Facebook or Twitter if I suddenly stopped posting, someone would pick up on it. Or I'd have some cryptic last post like "This is so stupid!!!" and then just nothing. I think you guys would get the idea after that. lol

X

I had a good friend from the internet die a few years ago suddenly and unexpectedly. It was good that her sister knew how to contact the boards she was on and let us know that it happened. Her facebook is still up to this day and gets some missing you messages now and again from folks.

Feathers

Oddly enough, I'm not dead :)

Moving hasn't happened yet but we have sold the house twice in succession and it's all looking good this time around. May move sometime in the next couple of months. There has been a whole set of paperwork and stuff to complete as well as little tasks like clearing out the garage and roof of 13 years of clutter. It all takes time.

Other than that, work has been getting a bit challenging too (in the political rather than the technical sense) and that takes both time and energy to work around. I guess it all adds up to less Internet time (that and the Kindle hours I've been putting in...).

It's a shame as I keep thinking about putting another TSF episode together but just don't seem to get my act together.

I hadn't really realised I'd gone anywhere but the fact of 16 replies on this thread before I got to it indicates something I guess.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Feathers

Oh, and...

Wow, I got my own thread!

(I have been reading here but haven't kept up too well)

ori-STUDFARM

Quote from: Feathers on February 04, 2012, 01:59:16 AM

Moving hasn't happened yet but we have sold the house twice in succession

Isn't that technically fraud and therefore illegal. Sell it once and that should be it. It isn't yours to sell again!! Ebay will be furious with you!

Rico

Glad to hear all is well Mike.  Sounds like your life is pretty hectic at the moment.  Seems to be happening to a lot of us these days. 

Bromptonboy

Or in the words of Mark Twain "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated".  :)
Pete

Feathers

Quote from: Bromptonboy on February 04, 2012, 05:38:35 AM

Or in the words of Mark Twain "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated".  :)

Well I wouldn't say "greatly" :)

jedijeff

Moving hasn't happened yet but we have sold the house twice in succession and it's all looking good this time around. May move sometime in the next couple of months. There has been a whole set of paperwork and stuff to complete as well as little tasks like clearing out the garage and roof of 13 years of clutter. It all takes time.

Good Luck with the moving. Having gone through something similar to you Mike, was frustrating, especially when I saw a house I wanted go away as I could not sell mine. Happy that everything looks to worked itself out. I can imagine that 13 years of clutter would be a real task to take care of, as it sure does seem easy to collect things, but to throw it away is a different story as a lot of work and costly. My last house I was only in 6 or 7 years, but in that time seemed to accumulate quite a bit for a small place.

billybob476

Quote from: jedijeff on February 04, 2012, 07:17:26 AM

Good Luck with the moving. Having gone through something similar to you Mike, was frustrating, especially when I saw a house I wanted go away as I could not sell mine. Happy that everything looks to worked itself out. I can imagine that 13 years of clutter would be a real task to take care of, as it sure does seem easy to collect things, but to throw it away is a different story as a lot of work and costly. My last house I was only in 6 or 7 years, but in that time seemed to accumulate quite a bit for a small place.
Indeed, my parents are in the process of selling their place and cleaning up 35 years of clutter! My dad doesn't throw anything away!

Dangelus

Being n a chain can be so frustrating I imagine. Luckily although I've bought 2 houses in my life I've never had the pleasure of that experience! ;)

Feathers

Quote from: Dangelus on February 04, 2012, 09:04:14 AM
Being n a chain can be so frustrating I imagine. Luckily although I've bought 2 houses in my life I've never had the pleasure of that experience! ;)

Yeah, this is only a small chain but it still seems to lead to problems. To be honest, the problem with the first sale was the source of her sizable deposit. International transfers of vast sums of money require a certain amount of proof of source.

We just had to give up waiting for her to sort it all out.