• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Avery Brooks DUI!!

Started by bevs_plaything, February 02, 2012, 02:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bevs_plaything

Bromptonboy

Quark should have flagged him...
Pete

QuadShot

Uh, yeah. Not surprising at ALL!

Rico

I heard about this a few days ago.  I don't have much sympathy for anyone driving drunk or intoxicated.  So if he was that way, I hope this serves to wake him up to the damage that he could have caused.

turtlesrock

well what do you know? serves him right, of course, but i wouldn't have guessed.

X

Wow. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? What's more telling is that he was pulled over in a wealthy neighborhood after someone called the police. Having been in a similar position and not being guilty of anything other than my skin tone didn't match the neighbors, I'll wait until the evidence is released before I pass judgement.

ChrisMC

Quote from: X on February 02, 2012, 05:47:19 PM
Wow. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? What's more telling is that he was pulled over in a wealthy neighborhood after someone called the police. Having been in a similar position and not being guilty of anything other than my skin tone didn't match the neighbors, I'll wait until the evidence is released before I pass judgement.
Yeah true, that can happen. But with DUI isn't there usually a breathalizer and a sobriety test? I had a cop friend give me a sobriety test sober and then drunk as a goof one night, and I can tell ya, you can't fake sober.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

KingIsaacLinksr

I figured I'd see him in the news for being way too high on life.  (Watch the Captains)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Bryancd

I have clients and friends in Wilton, CT. It's very near where I grew up. It's very rural and wealthy, it's not a big town with a lot of cops.

davekill

It's all the more disappointing and a little painful to see one of the Captains do something so humanly dumb.

I hope this is it, because I want to see this guy around a little longer.

jedijeff

I am not going to jump to conclusions on this either, have seen cases in the past, where at first glance the person looked very guilty, but after the facts came out, it was something much different.

Bryancd

My point is that you REALLY have to be doing something obviously odd to get pulled over in Wilton. And I am not judging the guy at all. There have been many times I havce driven a car when I likely should not have. More then i would even care to admit in my younger days for sure.

Jobydrone

Chris makes a really good point here about jumping to conclusions.  Sadly neither option would be preferable...I mean what's worse, Avery Brooks is a drunk or a victim of racial profiling? 
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

QuadShot

Uh, probably because he IS wealthy? Dude, just because an African-American was popped for DUI in a "wealthy" neighborhood doesn't me race had anything to do with it. I'm thinking it was because, oh I don't know, he was driving erratically?? Maybe??? So, you say not to judge him guilty until all the facts are in, but YOU'RE jumping to conclusions yourself as well by saying, and I quote..."What's more telling is that he was pulled over in a wealthy neighborhood after someone called the police. Having been in a similar position and not being guilty of anything other than my skin tone didn't match the neighbors..." Just sayin'...

jedijeff

Quote from: Bryancd on February 03, 2012, 06:42:24 AM
My point is that you REALLY have to be doing something obviously odd to get pulled over in Wilton. And I am not judging the guy at all. There have been many times I havce driven a car when I likely should not have. More then i would even care to admit in my younger days for sure.

I to have been in the spot when I was younger and in my late teens and early twenties where I was driving when I clearly should not have been, and had a few close calls in getting caught. Once in the parking lot of a liquor store well the police were checking the car park beside me, and I left before they got to me after a friend came out with a flat of Beer. In my province, at the time, the legal age to drink was 18, so I was probably not mature enough to determine if I should be driving. Those experiences really influenced how I view drinking now, and especially driving, just not worth the risk at all. I don't drink much, but if I do, then someone else drives, if my wife and I go to a party, if she drinks, then I do not and drive, or the other way around, she will drive and not drink. Like stated though, will wait until I hear more before passing Judgement on Avery.