• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Article about Trek returning to TV

Started by Pyrovile, February 07, 2012, 03:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

So, are we up to 4-5 various stories, etc. about bringing Trek back to TV over the last few years?  Maybe someone will do it - eventually.

billybob476

If I remember correctly, CBS still holds the Trek TV rights, correct? So JJ and the movie studio don't really get a say.

X

Quote from: billybob476 on February 07, 2012, 05:38:56 AM
If I remember correctly, CBS still holds the Trek TV rights, correct? So JJ and the movie studio don't really get a say.
sure they do. You don't want to annoy or upset your cash cow. JJ's crew might not have any say on a tv show in the legal sense, but in the business sense, I'll be the powers that be are really listening to avoid upsetting them. A whole novel series was canceled in the new universe so that they didn't conflict or annoy the movie team's works.

turtlesrock

it would be great to have another series, though. i wonder if it'll actually happen.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on February 07, 2012, 04:58:31 AM
So, are we up to 4-5 various stories, etc. about bringing Trek back to TV over the last few years?  Maybe someone will do it - eventually.

Yeah I with Rico.. I'll believe when I see a commercial for a new series.

Feathers

Perhaps loaning the team a third Bryan will help? Do we have a spare anywhere? ;)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

jedijeff

I thought the whole idea of rebooting Trek and having a new Timeline was so that they could attract new fans, who did not watch all the original Trek series. I would think running a series in the Original Universe would confuse and alienate the newer fans they got from the JJ Trek. Not sure if that is what the Bryans have in mind, or if that is what the writer of the article is hoping.

Feathers

That slightly surprised me too but I wouldn't complain if they went that route (but then I doubt that I'm really 'target audience' material).

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.