• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

People's Choice Awards - 2012

Started by Rico, January 12, 2012, 08:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Full listing of winners at the link below.  Can't quite get how "Supernatural" wins in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy category (and in Favorite network drama?) - especially over things like "The Walking Dead" and "Fringe."  And "Water for Elephants" as the best drama movie??  Well, at least "Person of Interest" won for best new drama.

http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/awards/nominees/

turtlesrock

good choices for most of them, though i'd say warehouse 13 is my favorite sci fi.

PortlandJosh

Adam Sandler gets best comedic actor?  Well, he hasn't made me laugh since about 1999, but oh well neither have any of the other nominees.  At least Emma Stone got lots of lovin. 

moyer777

We watched them.  It was ok, but not so exciting.  I liked the intro.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: PortlandJosh on January 12, 2012, 05:09:48 PM
Adam Sandler gets best comedic actor?  Well, he hasn't made me laugh since about 1999, but oh well neither have any of the other nominees.  At least Emma Stone got lots of lovin. 

I really can't think of another comedian actor who's made me laugh lately so...I guess they had to throw someone up and he is popular for some reason.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

PortlandJosh

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on January 12, 2012, 06:54:25 PM
Quote from: PortlandJosh on January 12, 2012, 05:09:48 PM

I really can't think of another comedian actor who's made me laugh lately so...I guess they had to throw someone up and he is popular for some reason.

King
He's certainly popular because we all remember him from his Gilmore days. But those are long over.  When will we get some good junior high humor again?  Movies like the hangover aren't cuttin it.

Jobydrone

Okay this is confusing to me too.  Hot In Cleveland favorite cable comedy?  Never heard of it.  Is it better than Curb Your Enthusiasm?  Highly doubtful.  And how come nobody has mentioned Nathan Fillion getting some major love as favorite dramatic actor?  Wait...Nathan Fillion, favorite dramatic actor?  Which of the 100 billion planets in our galaxy were these results gathered from?
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

billybob476

Quote from: Jobydrone on January 13, 2012, 06:37:30 AM
Wait...Nathan Fillion, favorite dramatic actor?  Which of the 100 billion planets in our galaxy were these results gathered from?

Nathan Fillion is really, really good on Castle.

Jobydrone

I should probably watch that show, I thought he leaned more towards a comedic actor in his role for that.  I guess he does it all, at least according to the "People"!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

PortlandJosh

Quote from: billybob476 on January 13, 2012, 07:21:13 AM
Wait...Nathan Fillion, favorite dramatic actor?  Which of the 100 billion planets in our galaxy were these results gathered from?

Gotta say, I tried to watch Castle for Nathan Fillion, reconing old Captain Reynolds glory days. I can't handle anymore dectectomatic shows though. Even the would-be sci-fi/fantasy shows like Grimm, regress into cop dramas, riding the wave of CSI.. ok now I'm sad. I gotta go watch some Dr. Who.

Jobydrone

Quote from: PortlandJosh on January 13, 2012, 09:14:57 AM

Gotta say, I tried to watch Castle for Nathan Fillion, reconing old Captain Reynolds glory days. I can't handle anymore dectectomatic shows though. Even the would-be sci-fi/fantasy shows like Grimm, regress into cop dramas, riding the wave of CSI.. ok now I'm sad. I gotta go watch some Dr. Who.
I agree, Josh, though I haven't seen Castle specifically.  I lost interest in Person of Interest and Grimm for that exact reason.  I tried to start to watch the show Psych as well (all of it's on Netflix atm) and found the same thing.

Rico

Yep - he rocks on "Castle."  Great series too.

PortlandJosh

Quote from: Jobydrone on January 13, 2012, 09:20:15 AM
Quote from: PortlandJosh on January 13, 2012, 09:14:57 AM

I agree, Josh, though I haven't seen Castle specifically.  I lost interest in Person of Interest and Grimm for that exact reason.  I tried to start to watch the show Psych as well (all of it's on Netflix atm) and found the same thing.
There was a rumor floating for a little while a couple of years ago, that the next Star Trek series could be based on the Temporal Police force, and I about had a fit.  I am farely sure Paramount never had any intention of making said series though, and thank God.  The last thing we need is trek being taken detectomatic.

Geekyfanboy

Never a big fan of this award show.. just because it's a favorites thing.. I mean if you have a really dedicated fanbase and have them go on everyday for a month and vote for you... you'll win.

Plus this is the only award show that tells the winner they won before hand (other then the two categories that people vote on until the last minute). I love when winners act surprised. Normally you know who won when you see them on the red carpet because they are the only one there from their category.

Anyways I was glad that Nathan won for Castle.