• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

So, are you having a boy or a girl?

Started by Jen, March 20, 2010, 06:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedijeff

Bryancd

Congrats Jen and Dave!!!  :cheering

Geekyfanboy

wraith1701

RickPeete

X

Congrats Jen and Dave. As a happy parent, I welcome you to the joy and terror that comes with parenthood. Never in life will the highs be higher and the lows be lower than in the raising of a child. Cherish each moment of the best of times to carry you through the tantrums and growing pains.

Parenthood might not come with instructions, but you have plenty of friends with cheat sheets. Some of the advice will be spot on and other will be dead wrong. Take and ignore what you will. Good luck and God bless.

ElfManDan

Congratulations on bringing a new baby geek into the world!!!

Rico

Got a brief email from Jen.  She's pretty exhausted still but wanted me to pass on a hello to all.  She said Aaron hasn't settled into much of a routine yet (up 24/7), but everything is well.  She also said she would drop by when she gets a spare moment.  I told her to get some rest.  We'll still be here. 

Feathers

Quote from: Rico on August 04, 2010, 10:41:06 AM
Got a brief email from Jen.  She's pretty exhausted still but wanted me to pass on a hello to all.  She said Aaron hasn't settled into much of a routine yet (up 24/7), but everything is well.  She also said she would drop by when she gets a spare moment.  I told her to get some rest.  We'll still be here. 

Do they ever settle down? :( (OK, yes they do but it always feels like they're taking forever!)

Good to hear all's still going well, thanks for passing it on.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Jen

Just an update. Aaron turned 5 months old on Christmas Day. He's a long, tall Texan baby...just like Dave and I. :)  Here are some photos that we took recently. I've always heard people say "they grow up so fast", but until now I never really grasped what that meant. He's not a newborn anymore...he's a 15 pound baby who is growing by leaps and bounds.  :'( :)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Feathers

Yes, they do that.

One of my babies is 8 next week and his sister will be 11 a couple of weeks later. The youngest is 5!

But it's not just about age, it's the little changes day-to-day that you don't notice until someone points them out and then they all catch with you at once and you wonder where all the time went.

In a sense it's quite sad in that it's time that can never be recaptured but it's also fun (sometimes).

He looks a happy soul...

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Jen

Yeah, I know what you mean... I didn't really notice until we started watching some of the videos we've been recording since he was born. Woah! What a difference a couple of months make!!! And yes, he's a very smiley baby. He giggles a lot too. Everything is funny to him, and he's never met a ceiling fan he didn't like. :D For serious... he laughs and talks to every ceiling fan he comes across. :)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

RickPeete

SO CUTE!  Look at those cheeks!!!  Definitely gonna be a ladies man!
-Rick

Meds

Ceiling fans are cool. I'm the same, its the reason we have one in the main bedroom lol. We have not gone back and looked at our video recordings, i think we will on New Years day :D

Rico

Awesome pics Jen!  Thanks for sharing.  Yeah - they grow up fast.  He looks like a happy baby from a great family!