• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

"24" - season 8

Started by Rico, August 11, 2009, 06:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Pretty crazy start so far to the season.  Nice to see Renee back - even if she is more nuts than Jack now.  Looking forward to next week's show.

Jobydrone

I had the last 7 or 8 eps from season 7 on my DVR since last May, until I finally watched them over the past couple of days.  Last season was pretty good.  The White House scenario was really cool, I thought.   Now I have three new eps to watch, can't wait!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

moyer777

I like the new season so far.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Jack is still the man.  Especially after last night's episode.  Things are starting to get good!

sheldor

He's like Blade.  They don't know who they're messin' with !

Geekyfanboy

Report: 24 Cancelled On Fox

Is Jack Bauer down to his final hours?

The clock is ticking down for Jack Bauer and the cast of 24.

Variety is the first to call time of death on Fox's thriller, which is now in its eighth -- and apparently final -- season.

Rumors that this would the show's last season have been circulating for months. Ratings are down and many critics have jumped ship as well. The show premiered in 2001.

However, talk of a 24 movie persists. Star Kiefer Sutherland has publicly said he's on board if and when 24 movies to the big screen.

sheldor

8 years is a nice run.  Will the movie be called 2?  :)

Rico

I still love the show and this season has been pretty good.  But, I can see them wanting to close it out.  I hope we get a little bit of closure for Jack in the last episode at least.  Even if they still do a movie.

Ronzo

Jack Bauer is like Chuck Norris( who turned 70 today).

Fox won't cancel 24, Jack Bauer will cancel Fox.

RONZO   :biggrin

Jobydrone

I'm not sure I could manage sitting in a theater 24 hours straight.  It would be worth a try though!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

wraith1701

Quote from: Ronzo on March 10, 2010, 07:22:31 PM
Jack Bauer is like Chuck Norris( who turned 70 today).

Fox won't cancel 24, Jack Bauer will cancel Fox.

RONZO   :biggrin
Awesome. :)

sheldor

Its official...http://tv.yahoo.com/24/show/28479/news/tv.accesshollywood.com/tv.accesshollywood.com-fox-24-canceled

Jack Bauer's latest rough day will be his last on TV.  FOX drama "24" will conclude with its current eighth season, star Mary Lynn Rajskub Tweeted on Friday.

"Just found out we got the word officially," she Tweeted. "This is 24's last season."  FOX later confirmed the news in a statement to Access Hollywood.

"This has been the role of a lifetime, and I will never be able to fully express my appreciation to everyone who made it possible," series lead and executive producer Kiefer Sutherland said in a statement to Access. "While the end of the series is bittersweet, we always wanted '24' to finish on a high note, so the decision to make the eighth season our last was one we all agreed upon. This feels like the culmination of all our efforts from the writers to the actors to our fantastic crew and everyone at FOX."

The star added that a feature film was in development.

The series finale of "24" will air on Monday, May 24.

Rico

I think there is a double episode of "24" on tomorrow night.  4/5/2010  :)

Jobydrone

It's been really good the last two weeks.  REALLY good.

wraith1701

This is the first season of 24 for me. On the down side, it sucks because the show is ending. On the plus side, I've got 7 seasons of DVDs to look forward to! :)