• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Star Trek Comes to Blu-ray

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 23, 2009, 08:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktrek

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on April 30, 2009, 03:49:51 PM
ha ha, well i was named after Simon Templar as my mum had a crush on Roger Moore, plus the saint has two scars on his left hand and weirdly i too have the same scars. hmmm.

I guess that's better than being scarface! LOL

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Ktrek

My wife and I bought the Star Trek movie box set on Blu-Ray and I have to say that this set is wonderful! I have only seen the first three films thus far but the detail in the Blu-Ray is just so much better than the Special Edition DVDs. My only complaint is that they are all the theatrical release version, which is fine, but the Motion Picture was greatly improved, in my opinion, in the Director's Cut edition. If you have a Blu-Ray player though I recommend investing in repurchasing these on Blu-Ray. It has made me excited to see the TNG films on Blu at the end of the year! I can hardly wait!!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Ktrek

I already own them but, that's a tremendous deal. The other day they were offering it for a dollar less. They must have had too much inventory in expectation of selling them when the movie came out. I hope some members here can take advantage of it!

fatfather_2005

i know i am late coming to this party, but  i finally  got the dvd set of STAR TREK:TOS  season one on dvd, WOW, i have seen this show on tv, but the new effects are awesome.
i had been holding off because i can still see the show on tv. i just couldn't pass up the price, lol.
In the Absense of Light, the Darkness Prevails.

Meds

Did you get in on Blu-Ray or DVD? There is a thread already about the transfer I'm sure Joe will merge the threads.

Rico

Yeah, some of the new effects on the remastered editions are pretty nice.  I'll merge this with the other thread.