News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Twin Cities here...

Started by timothypeterson, September 07, 2008, 06:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timothypeterson

Hey all,

Been lurking here for months, and finally had time to really dig into the forum.  I love the podcast and have listened to most of them.

I'm a big fan of Trek in general, and especially TOS and ENT.  Also a huge fan of sci-fi in general.

I work in the Aerospace industry, and travel the world.  Love to build models, ( currently the Atomic City 1/12  Mercury capsule - it's incredible!! ) all things science and run and try to stay in shape.  Got a great family and a wonderful yellow lab named Maggie.

I collect the old photonovels, vintage James Blish Trek paperbacks, models, and  some of the Art Asylum stuff.

Look forward to chatting and exchanging with you all.

Tim
"No matter where you go, there you are..."

Geekyfanboy

Welcome to our geeky family.. sounds like you'll fit right in here..

davekill

yay, another Enterprise fan!
Welcome aboard Tim

Rico

Hi Tim - glad to see you here!

Bryancd

Hey Tim! Love model building as well. Those Polar Light Real Space kits are great! Welcome!

moyer777

Welcome Tim!  Good to have you aboard!

:)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

wraith1701

Welcome aboard, Tim!  Like Bryan said; it's good to have another model builder in the forum! 

Meds

G'day Tim, good to have you here, welcome to the forums.

Daron

Welcome aboard, Tim! Good to see another midwesterner here! (I"m just a couple hundred miles away from you.)
I recently introduced myself, as well, and can tell you this is a very warm and friendly group!

timothypeterson

Thanks for all the greetings.  Was away for a week or so, work got rather busy.

Of the model builders here, does anyone here know where to get that aftermarket Space Station k-7?  I saw it on Ebay a few times, and it is in scale with the 1/1000 polar lights TOS Enterprise.  If anyone knows where to get one, please let me know.

With my electronics background, I always try and build extra lights and sounds into my models.  In fact, I'm currently building the Atomic City  1/12 Mercury 7 capsule.  When I'm finished, it will also have sound effects using John Glenn's radio transmissions from the mission.

"No matter where you go, there you are..."

Trekkygeek

Hi Tim, good to have you aboard.  :cheers
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Data

"Commander. You just sit tight. We'll have this all fixed up in time for supper. "