News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Our Next President

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 21, 2008, 12:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on January 21, 2008, 04:16:07 PM
Who's to say that there isn't another flag that they are saying the pledge too. It is a photo op you would want the candidate to be facing forward.

This is true, but some of the them seem to be changing were they are looking.

The first group with obama and clinton ... Richardson and Obama seem to be looking at the same thing. Clinton seems to be looking around and the other side of the stage has the people looking at the flag on the stage and ignoring the photo op.

X

Wow I feel like an idiot. That's the Star Spangled Banner ... that's not the pledge.

Geekyfanboy

Nice catch X.. that's very true. So no hand on heart is required :)

Blackride

Quote from: Bryancd on January 21, 2008, 04:17:41 PM
Regardless of where is hand is, I think Obama is a very dynamic guy but unelectable, not because of his race but lack of true substance. He takes about change but doesn't have a lot of substance behind that and he is very green. That's why i think Hilary will be the nominee and again, I don't see McCain beating her, unfortunately for me and what I would prefer.

My problem right now is I do not know what the Democrats stand for. I would not vote for one but at the same time I am not sure what they are standing for. All I am hearing is Obama and Hillary going back and forth and little about the issues. Obama seems very good at getting people involved but I am not sure if that's due to his great speaking or his stance on issues. If you put a gun to my head and said choose a Democrat I would have to say Obama due to the simple fact that I did not like what Bill did for the presidency and I am not really in favor of Edwards who seems like a snake waiting to attack...
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

davekill

Quote from: Bryancd on January 21, 2008, 04:17:41 PM
Regardless of where is hand is, I think Obama is a very dynamic guy but unelectable, not because of his race but lack of true substance. He takes about change but doesn't have a lot of substance behind that and he is very green. That's why i think Hilary will be the nominee and again, I don't see McCain beating her, unfortunately for me and what I would prefer.

After reading some of these further comments I did a quick search regarding Obama's American Flag issues:
Why he doesn't where the pin -
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=3690000
and
Is it required to acknowledge the flag -
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

hope this helps

X

Thanks Dave and that's like I said. All of them are in the wrong if they are facing the singer and not the flag.

wraith1701

...My tongue is starting to bleed from me biting it so hard...

I think I'm going to have to avoid this thread...

Geekyfanboy

so far everyone has been civil.. you can express your views without being mean. Believe me.. I don't agree with almost any on this thread.. but they believe what they believe.

Jen

Quote from: Ktrek on January 21, 2008, 03:01:22 PM
I do think that it's high time for a woman in high office but I just don't think she is the one.
So...If it comes down to a race with Hillary as the Dem's choice I will vote for anyone before I would vote for her.

Kevin

I am tired of pundants saying that women will vote for Hillary because she's a woman. NO... I will vote for the person who I think is the best choice...  I don't make my choices based on sex or race. Personally, I don't like Hillary either but it isn't because she's a Dem. Actually, I rather like Joseph Lieberman. If he ran for president, I would consider him.

As for whether America is ready for a woman to be president.... I REALLY disagree with King. I think that we are... if we weren't Hillary wouldn't be doing as well in the polls as she is. I just hope our first woman president isn't her.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Quote from: moyer777 on January 21, 2008, 02:07:49 PM
I'm voting for Picard and Riker.

:)

:D Awesome Moyer...

I however have decided that I'm voting for Data. At least he's honest....and... he's really, really, really strong.  ;)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

X

Hehehe I haven't voiced my exact views for a reason. I picked a Dem and a Repub as my two choices to avoid the conflict. I do however like to debate.

I also want to agree with Kenny on the "gay" issues. I personally (wow breaking my own rules) think that neither party fully promotes gay rights and only pander to the gay community on a state or city level and then once in position quickly ignore the promises that they made.

In a national setting they tend to sacrifice the gay agenda because they feel that the loss of votes can be offset by the votes that they think they can get from the conservatives or certain religious factions.

I'll also go on the record to say that in this country, no constitution should be rewritten to deny anyone any rights.

Since I'm disclosing here are my very controversial views:

Pro Death Penality
Pro Choice but only under the condition that if a woman can have an abortion to end a pregnancy, potential fathers should have the same right to opt out of a potential pregnancy and not subject to fincial burdens because of someone else's choice.
Pro Marriage - Any sort of marriage between two or more lifeforms of the same species. I don't think that people should get extra benefits for being married, but the country is set up to reward hetero married couples with as many children as they can spit out.
Pro green technology, but only if it makes real sense. Biofuel, while a great idea, has been raising the price of meat because the demand and price of feed grade corn is increasing with the rise of demand for biofuels made of corn.
Pro Space exploration
I think that the legal age to drink shouldn't be 3 years after you have a right to vote or 5 years after you start legally driving. I think too many people make the mistake of drinking and driving because they are not completely unaware of the affects of their drinking.

Blackride

The key to be American, is to discuss something no matter how much it boils your blood and walk away understanding everyone has their opinion. Only from true open discussion can we learn from eachother and truly gain an understanding of people that are different from ourselves.

Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

X

Oh I forgot to add that I'm against the min wage. It seems to me that the only thing it does is change the value of the dollar and make things more expensive and thus not as effective as the tool that it is suposed to be.

Blackride

Just X - There are social reasons that the goverment wants people to have more and more kids. If you look at countries like Italy and France where people are not having as many children as the rest of the world they are worried. Check these out for fun:

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?_r=1&res=9404E2D71539E733A2575AC2A96E9C946897D6CF&oref=slogin
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/09/03/news/birth.php

I am NOT trying to change your opinion. Just sharing some articles on the point you made.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Jen on January 21, 2008, 06:59:12 PM

Quote from: Ktrek on January 21, 2008, 03:01:22 PM
I do think that it's high time for a woman in high office but I just don't think she is the one.
So...If it comes down to a race with Hillary as the Dem's choice I will vote for anyone before I would vote for her.

Kevin

I am tired of pundants saying that women will vote for Hillary because she's a woman. NO... I will vote for the person who I think is the best choice...  I don't make my choices based on sex or race. Personally, I don't like Hillary either but it isn't because she's a Dem. Actually, I rather like Joseph Lieberman. If he ran for president, I would consider him.

As for whether America is ready for a woman to be president.... I REALLY disagree with King. I think that we are... if we weren't Hillary wouldn't be doing as well in the polls as she is. I just hope our first woman president isn't her.

Just one thing you stated about the woman thing.  You said: In the POLLS she's doing well.....honestly, I do not listen to polls at all.  They are biased and/or not commonly correct.  I prefer to let voting happen and THEN I consider that a poll.  Only then do I think about it.  Its why the bush thing is total crud.  We voted him in so OBVIOUSLY we wanted him in. 

And trust me, I don't think she has the support of women that people give her credit for.  I know many of my closest (female & male) relatives do not support her one bit.  I honestly do not think she will win.  Period.  Too many remember her husband, she's too polarized, and she's just too darn ugly!!!  THATS RIGHT!!  hahahahahaaha sorry.  Couldn't resist it, but truly, how many guys/girls vote on pure beauty?  Don't be shy haha.  ;) ;) ;)

Just yanking.  ;)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr