• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

STAR TREK MOVIE TRAILER?

Started by Trekkygeek, January 18, 2008, 12:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trekkygeek

I don't know If I should post this... but I can't resist. This is supposedly the new trailer. I can't see anything that immediately says "Fake", but the things that can be forged these days. Anyway, It is a little blurry but It's up to you if you want to see it. I have a feeling it may be taken down soon.
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_seyret&Itemid=227&task=videodirectlink&id=529
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

billybob476

I think you got it this time Kenny! That looks good to me!

EDIT: I mean Tim, not Kenny. Damn multitasking!

Jen

Goose bumps! That is real. One it matches Kenny's description... and two everything is cleverly done, right down to the tag line "under construction". Some geek in his basement didn't put that together. Nimoy's voice sounds older too.

Where does this ship they're working on fit into the whole "Enterprise chronology"? I thought Archer's Enterprise was the first Federation Starship... The necels tell me it's not the same ship.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Bryancd

That'ss Tim, not Kenny and THAT'S IT!!!!!!!

billybob476

Ha ha ha I wasn't paying attention!

billybob476

Quote from: Jen on January 18, 2008, 01:08:29 PM
Where does this ship they're working on fit into the whole "Enterprise chronology"? I thought Archer's Enterprise was the first Federation Starship... The necels tell me it's not the same ship.
It's meant to be the original Enterprise jazzed up. That's the Constitution class Enterprise NCC-1701.

Trekkygeek

I also got goosebumps...and nearly wet my pants. :-\
And when Nimoy spoke, that was it, I had to post it.
As for Archers Enterprise, I can only assume that NCC 1701 is the new flagship of the fleet with new technology, hence the film highlighting the building of it. I also like the "Under Construction" banner. Nice touch. Did the ship look gun metal grey (like Archers) rather than white to anyone else, or is it just the poor quality of the trailer?
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Trekkygeek

Oh Bugger. I just saw that the trailer has been previously been posted by "The IC" in another thread. Sorry chaps. As soon as I got on the net tonight, I searched for and viewed it before checking new updates on this site, I just assumed that it would have it's own post. So I apologise for posting it again. I just got over excited and In my haste, I just posted it without proper research of previous posts. Sorry guys. :blush

billybob476

No worries. It probably deserves its own thread.

KingIsaacLinksr

hahahaha  Poor Kenny, doesn't it feel good to be credited for everything?  Even if it wasn't you?  lol lol

Just messing with you man.  ;)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Geekyfanboy

I'm still waiting for a nice clean version.. this is lifted from the You Tube version..

Bryancd

Jen, I posted a pic of what this Enterprise may look like in the Star Trek XI Spoilers thread.

Rico

This has been posted and discussed quite a bit already in the Star Trek XI thread here:
http://www.treksinscifi.com/forum/index.php?topic=814.0

wraith1701

Quote from: Jen on January 18, 2008, 01:08:29 PM
...Where does this ship they're working on fit into the whole "Enterprise chronology"? I thought Archer's Enterprise was the first Federation Starship... The necels tell me it's not the same ship.
Archer's Enterprise was the first Starfleet ship named Enterprise, but it was made before there was a United Federation of Planets.  The 1701 was the first ship in the fleet named Enterprise after the creation of the UFP.   

After Archer's NX class starship, the Fleet was made up largely of Daedalus Class starships, like this-

The Daedalus was then later replaced by a new, cutting-edge starship design- the Constitution class, which is the type of ship that Kirk's Enterprise was.

Kirk-Fu

This is a reboot folks, I think this 1701 could be the 1st of the constitutions, or maybe the second.

I have a feeling Abrams and crew may pull a bit of Trek from here and there, but have been given the greenlight to reimagine things a bit.

And personally, I hope so. I dont want to spend the next however many movies worrying about canon.
Lets respect Roddenberry and make new canon