• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Best DS9 episode

Started by Warren Berry, November 03, 2007, 01:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren Berry

I have been watching DS9 for a while and wondering what everybody's favorite episode in the series. I personally like "In the Pale Moonlight" where Sisko and Garak trick the Romulans into the war.

Rico

Welcome to the forums.  I have a hard time deciding on this one, but I'm partial to the one showing Jake as an older man after losing his father.  It's called "The Visitor" and I covered it on Podcast # 58.

jedijeff

For me it would be The Search 1 and 2 and Trials and Tribble-ations

space_invader64

I like most of them, but I'd have to say I liked sacrifice of the angles.  even though it doesn't stand alone and is like part five or six on a saga. That was the most excited I have ever been watching trek.

X

I'm a huge fan of "apocalypse rising". Sisko and crew as klingons are a priceless story. It also has great foreshadowing of the future of the empire.

markinro

DS9 is my favorite of the ST series.  There were so many good episodes.  I liked the 2 part episode when Sisco had to find the orb of the Emissary.   I also like the episode when Odo and Kira finally get together.

moyer777

Quote from: Just X on November 03, 2007, 02:37:45 PM
I'm a huge fan of "apocalypse rising". Sisko and crew as klingons are a priceless story. It also has great foreshadowing of the future of the empire.

me too.  I was just going to post that.  I just watched again for the millionth time.  That would make a great podcast.  hint hint Rico.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

X

Quote from: moyer777 on November 03, 2007, 05:00:32 PM
Quote from: Just X on November 03, 2007, 02:37:45 PM

me too.  I was just going to post that.  I just watched again for the millionth time.  That would make a great podcast.  hint hint Rico.

LOL I just told him that today in the mini meeting for the RPG

KingIsaacLinksr

ohhh......man, since I haven't seen all the seasons, I cannot tell you my favorite right now.  I would say that the Search 1 & 2 are good ones, but I really do not have a favorite at this point.

King Linksr

P.S. WELCOME!
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

moyer777

I got to thinking.  I really enjoyed Past Tense one and two. 

This is where Sisko takes the place of Gabriel Bell.

That was a great DS9 Episode two parter.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

billybob476

I just finished watching "The Search" (the wife and I are going through DS9 again). Truly a great set of episodes. I remember some good ones later on in the series as well. I actually didn't recall that the dominion stuff began so early in the series.

Geekyfanboy

hmmm there are so many great episodes of Deep Space Nine.. as I feel it was the best written trek of them all.. One of my very favorites would have to be "Far Beyond the Stars" This is one of the best DS9 and Trek episodes of all time, at least in my opinion. This is the episode where Sisko goes back to the 1950's as Benny Russell. He plays an alienated sci fi writer.. this is Trek at it's best.

Jobydrone

*spoiler warning*

DS9 will always rank near the bottom, along with Voyager, in the order of my preference of the Star Trek Series, but I will acknowledge there have been some really great episodes of that show, particularly once Worf joined the cast.  I think the one I remember liking the most was later in the series, deep into the Dominion War, when it was revealed that Gowron had been replaced by a Founder and that the Klingon High Council was compromised.  I'm probably misremembering the plot details, it's been a while since I've seen any of those shows.  Also Trials and Tribbleations is one of my extreme favorites.  What a great job they did with that episode.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on November 05, 2007, 10:25:15 AM
*spoiler warning*

DS9 will always rank near the bottom, along with Voyager, in the order of my preference of the Star Trek Series, but I will acknowledge there have been some really great episodes of that show, particularly once Worf joined the cast.  I think the one I remember liking the most was later in the series, deep into the Dominion War, when it was revealed that Gowron had been replaced by a Founder and that the Klingon High Council was compromised.  I'm probably misremembering the plot details, it's been a while since I've seen any of those shows.  Also Trials and Tribbleations is one of my extreme favorites.  What a great job they did with that episode.

WOW.. I use to like you Jobydrone :) But now you are dissing my favorite Trek Voyager. :)

billybob476

I could see why someone wouldn't like DS9 in relation to other Treks. DS9 is the most heavily character-oriented Trek series. I find all the characters to be the most developed in the ST universe, they clearly all have issues, aren't the best at what they do etc. They are real people. I love TNG, but everyone on the show is at the top of their game, love classical music and literature and perform their duties to the letter.

DS9 is crewed by people who are doing their jobs, but then they go home to their families, they have ongoing issues and sometimes they screw up.

Definitely not like traditional Trek, but in my opinion some of the best.