• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Star Trek the Wrath of Khan

Started by KingIsaacLinksr, October 10, 2007, 08:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingIsaacLinksr

Ok, this is a question that has been burning with me and its probably already been on the forums, but here goes:

When Khan finds Chekov he says "I never forget a face.."  Umm..where did Khan see Chekov??  I've watched the TOS episode twice and....never saw Chekov. 

So when did Khan see Chekov?

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

billybob476

This has been the source of much debate over the years. One argument is that Chekhov was on the Enterprise at the time, just not as navigator. Perhaps Khan ran into him somewhere else on the ship.

That or it's a continuity error that the producers didn't think would matter. Kind of like how we don't know why Worf showed up at the reception at the beginning of Insurrection.

Rico

It would be pretty easy to believe Chekov was just on the Enterprise in a different area at the time.  That's the generally accepted idea.

billybob476

Ensign Pavel Chekhov: Space Janitor!

markinro

Khan was doing all that reading in sick bay on TOS.  I mean if they are silly enough to grant a GENETICALLY engineered human access to all their tech manuals, I'm sure they gave him the Enterprise Yearbook too.  :laugh:

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: markinro on October 10, 2007, 12:38:12 PM
Khan was doing all that reading in sick bay on TOS.  I mean if they are silly enough to grant a GENETICALLY engineered human access to all their tech manuals, I'm sure they gave him the Enterprise Yearbook too.  :laugh:

Unlikely as Chekov wasn't even created until Season 2 (khan was in season 1).  But I guess I can agree with the: "Chekov was hidden away in the ship" excuse.  :) 

King Linksr

markinro

Quote from: Kinglinksr on October 10, 2007, 01:00:57 PM
Quote from: markinro on October 10, 2007, 12:38:12 PM

Unlikely as Chekov wasn't even created until Season 2 (khan was in season 1).  But I guess I can agree with the: "Chekov was hidden away in the ship" excuse.  :) 

King Linksr

Well, I guess that's something only a trekkie would know.   For me, it was just a TV show.   :jawdrop  Ok -- go ahead.  Let me have it

KingIsaacLinksr

*aim's gun at Markinro*

hahahahaha jk

King linksr