• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

New Voyages: World Enough and Time

Started by Rico, July 13, 2007, 08:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

Once you download it you can save it to your hard drive as a quictime movie and play it full screen

KingIsaacLinksr

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

This was a very well done, well scripted episode.  My only kink about it was getting over Mr. Spock or Captain Kirk or the other actors not being the original actors.  But I'm sure thats the same for everyone.  Otherwise, once I got over this issue I did notice that the actors did a very good job portraying their characters.  Though I felt that Engineer Scott may have had a little heavier accent then was needed.  In fact, I think it was only that heavy when he was in the movies.  Maybe thats me?.... 

Otherwise, I loved the special effects.  Very well done in all areas.  The Enterprise and Bird of Preys were very well done.  I also felt that the sounds, looks to the bridge/sickbay were very spot on.  I'm guessing that someone built those sets as I had heard that they were all but gone after Star Trek OS was finished. 

Story was very nice.  I liked how the added the Excelsior in as well.  /clap.   

My only question is, when will the next one be released?  I might have heard but have forgotten.

King Linksr

P.S. this is the first episode I've seen from them.  So, I think they did a great job.
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Bryancd

Go back and watch the others to get a sense of perspective as to how far they have come.

KingIsaacLinksr

Where can I find the previous?......

King Linksr

Rico

Chief

This looks so very good! I will download it tonight!

"The Needs Of The Many, Out Weigh The Needs Of The Few, Or The One..."
Mr. Spock

wso32

Thanks Davekill.  That worked perfectly and it looks great on the video ipod!

Scott

I think I'll watch it tonight on my 11 foot screen (projector). ;)
- Scott Hough

The Vintage Gamers

Rico

Scott - nice to see you again.  I think you'll enjoy the episode - a lot.

Scott

I did enjoy it. They do keep getting better. I liked the girl that played Sulus daughter. I think her acting was the best in the show. That and she's hot. :P I dare say this episode was better than some of the real Trek. Not as good acted, but who cares, they aren't professional actors. You can forgive that. I love the fact that every episode the sets and overall feel is closer to the real TOS. :P

As for being here. I read the forums often, but I'm usually a little busy to post. I host and run the forums for Farpoint Media and Scifi Dig. That can be alot of work. Specially when there are security updates every few weeks. I hate updating forum software. Plus I do lots of stuff around the house. But I'm moving back home to Tucson in the next month so I should have more time again. Expect to see me more. ;)
- Scott Hough

The Vintage Gamers

KingIsaacLinksr

Watched the previous episodes and they are very good. 

Hopefully the future ones are just as good.

King Linksr

Rico

I knew this episode was good.  I guess TV Guide thought so too....

The Star Trek New Voyages episode "World Enough and Time" (featuring George Takei) has won TV Guide's Best Sci-Fi Webisode Award. It beat out entries from The 4400, Battlestar Galactica and Afterworld. More info at TVGuide. Congrats to STNV producer James Cawley and his team.

Congrats guys!  It's well deserved!

KingIsaacLinksr

Very cool.  Although, I am a little concerned with what I saw for the next episode.  Hopefully my fears are unfounded though. 

King Linksr