• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

New Voyages: World Enough and Time

Started by Rico, July 13, 2007, 08:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobydrone

Thanks for the upload Ric!  Downloading now!!!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

X

Finally saw it and was half tempted to try to come up with some sort of story that would [not going to add spoilers] and use her as an NPC in the game.

moyer777

That was a great episode.  Not even comparable to their other stuff.  Way cool. 

Thanks Rico, cause I tried downloading for about 8 hours today, and only got 49 megs.  Clicked on your link and had it in twenty minutes.

VERY NICE!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Glad I could help out guys.  It's a good thing I guess too since it looks like they had to temporarily take downloads down off the site they were using.  I'm sure an official high quality version will be available for download in the near future.  Hopefully DVD quality like they have done before.  Can't wait to see it on my big TV!  I think this is by far the best episode they have done.  And I have enjoyed all of them.

Jobydrone

I watched the first twenty minutes last night before I had to go to bed.  I think it's way better than the last one, so far.  One gripe I have, is why can't they spend a little cash on a decent hairstylist?  They obviously can do wonders and miracles with the CGI, they can't drop a few bucks to get their wigs right?  It may seem like a small thing but it really does take me out of the episode to see those crappy wigs and haircuts.  Especially Crawley's, what up with that?
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

That's Cawley's real hair.  He is an Elvis impersonator and does weird stuff to his hair for that.

saunders

WOW...that was amazing.  These do keep getting better.   I'm very impressed.  It was very touching.  These don't even look like fan films anymore.  I do wish they'd use original TOS music.  It's not that the music they had was bad...it was actually very good.  I just think it really enhances the TOS feeling to hear the original music.   I think it's really noticeable in the trailers.   That's just a personal preference though.  I loved the little surprise at the ending.  Bring on the next one!!!

Bryancd

First of all, thank you Rico for hosting that link. As some may know, I have not been a big fan of New Voyages in terms of the quality of the acting. I  have always felt the production value's ar off the charts and the stories have been ok but the attempte to mimic the TOS characters and the delivery of the dialogue, for me, has left a lot to be desired. I still have some issues with that..........but that was frackin' awesome! George was great, all the main characters were so much better and the story was soild and tight. The guy playing Scotty is charming but his accent is crummy and the McCoy need to be older with a bit more charm. Everybody else was great. I'm on board. :)

Rico

That's great Bryan!  If Bryan is on board these guys must be doing something right.  I'm not sure exactly what it was, a combination of things (and George was top notch) - but this is one great piece of Trek work.  I hope JJ Abrams takes a peak at it!  Man, I was tearing up while watching it during lunch yesterday.

EVERYONE on the forum needs to see this!  Download from my web site link and enjoy!

http://www.treksf.com/video/World_Enough_Time.mov

iceman

This was by far their best episode yet. I have high expectations for Blood and Fire.

davekill

A great production by some really hard working fans.
Ya gotta love it - Sulu  with an attitude! He was always so "cool" and "laid back" at the helm in TOS.
George Takei's  "World Enough and Time" performance brings to mind the wild side of Sulu as seen in "The Naked Time"
...He's one bad dude with a sword.

jedijeff

This was the best epsiode so far, and I enjoyed it. Looking forward to a larger version as well, as I suspect I will get a lot more out of it.

wso32

I watched this today and cannot say enough good things about this.  I'm simply amazed at the quality of the effects and sets.  If anyone has not yet seen it, you Have to see it.  I'm going to try and watch it again one evening this week.

PS Thanks for hosting the video Rico.  Anyone put this on their video ipod?  I've got it in itunes but can't get it to transfer over to my video ipod.  It shows up as a movie within itunes but just can't get it to transfer over.

Rico

Glad you liked it Walter.  I don't have a video iPOD but you might try converting it in Quicktime by exporting it to a different format.  That might work.  Or even just change the file extension to .mp4 instead of .mov and see if it plays.

davekill

No problem transfering to iPod -
I dragged the "World_Enough_Time.mov" file that I downloaded from the Forums to the Movies Library in iTunes - this only creates a link to the ".mov" file.  I then selected the title in the iTunes Movies list and from the Advanced menu, selected "Convert Selection for iPod". When the conversion was completed and the title appears again (twice) in the Movies list, I deleted the the original (linked) title from the list.

I plugged in my iPod and manually synced my movie list from the iTunes control panel because I don't have the movies section set to auto sync everything. The movie loaded onto my iPod and it looks great!

A must have utility for iPod video conversions is "Handbrake", and it's free.
http://handbrake.m0k.org/

Dave