• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

New Voyages: World Enough and Time

Started by Rico, July 13, 2007, 08:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

I know how to do it via YouTube but not this type of streaming.  But I wouldn't worry.  It will be up for download probably as soon as tonight or tomorrow.

Ktrek

Ok. great! I wasn't sure if they were only making this episode a stream and not downloadable. I hope they have a good DVD quality download this time!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

iceman

Rico

The streaming event is bogging down a lot.  It will clear up eventually.  Looks like the plan is to have it available to stream for awhile and then at some point release it for download.  I've only seen about the first 10 seconds of it so far this evening.

Ktrek

Well, that was disappointing! Couldn't even get a minute of the stream to work!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

X

I've watched about 10 minutes and I have to say that production values are far better than the last ones. In "In harm's Way" did anyone else notice the goatee falling off of the klingon during the final battles?

Rico

I'm about ten minutes or so in as well.  That's all I could get to "stream" over so far.  Really enjoying it.  I think the whole production improves with each new episode.  This one appears to be the slickest yet.  I just wish these guys could make some of their money back on these or even a little profit.  I'd gladly buy them off iTunes or on DVD if they were available that way.  But of course CBS/Paramount doesn't seem to want to allow that.  At least not yet.

Hoping to get the rest downloaded today.

Rico

Direct download link site - sort of.  This is still just where they are streaming the files from so it is SLOW to download them.  I have heard they are showing up on the torrents now too.

MOV versions:
http://www.magictimeonline.com/mov/

Flash versions:
http://www.magictimeonline.com/_swf//

Rico

I just managed (after hours of patiently downloading) to watch the whole episode.  I'm telling you all, this is as good or better than many professional things or even Trek episodes I have seen.  The script was great and very emotionally charged.  I'm not going to say much until more of you have seen it but I urge you all to give it a look.  I loved it!

Bryancd

Well, I think you may be the only person to actually see this. I just tried to stream it from their site and had to force quit my browser it was so FUBAR. I couldn't even find a post on it over at the RPF, you would think Ron would have started a thread...

Rico

It takes literally hours to download Bryan.  At least 5-6 or more for the smallest version of it.  Don't try streaming.  Use the links I gave above and start a download.  I am currently downloading the largest size .mp4 version right now.  File size = 368 MB, download speed = 7-10 kb/sec, time remaining 14 hours.

Bryancd

No thanks, I'll wait till.....whenever. Pretty weak, IMO.

Ktrek

If anyone wants the torrent file just email me and I'll send it to you. I downloaded the entire episode in mp4 in about 20 minutes.

Kevin

Ktrek

My wife and I just watched the episode and I have to say that not only is this an impressive New Voyages episode but it's one of the best Star Trek episodes I have ever seen! The writing, sfx, music, directing and acting were fantastic! It was very moving and is a testament to the fact that Star Trek still has a lot of good stories to tell. I can hardly believe that this was a fan endeavor! If you have not seen it download it and enjoy!!

Kevin

Rico

Not that's what I'm talking about!  :)
This is a great episode!

Glad you loved it like I did too Ktrek!

I put the file that I got up on my web site.  It might be slow to download, but go for it if you want.  It's the MOV small version but it still is good quality.  It's about 300 meg.

Here's the link:

http://www.treksf.com/video/World_Enough_Time.mov