• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

A nice walk on a Sunny Day.

Started by moyer777, April 06, 2007, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyer777

Well on my walk today I took the camera.  I thought I would let you all in on our beautiful country around here.  So, here we go, if you dare....

:)

The first picture please...

A cool shot of a tree and the clouds with a nice blue sky.

liar liar telephone wire...

Talk about a shameless plug. :)

This is a cool shot of some alder trees by a swamp.

ahh, I nice little residential strip of road.

Very cool looking, but not very nice when it produces the dreaded dandilions.....

am I boring you yet????

Random Daffodils on the side of the road.  Yay.

Here is a river that I pass by everyday.  Somebody built a very nice house just out of range of this shot and their entire back of the house is a deck that overlooks this scene.  NICE!

I just thought this looked neat.  I don't know why.  But hey, 30 mph ahead.

It does get better... no more road signs.... :)

Everyday I pass this house, this turkey comes and challenges me.  I am super glad that I have my walking stick, otherwise he would peck my feet off.  :)  He is the funniest thing.  He puffs all up and struts all around, he has to make sure that I know he is the boss.

Just a cool old telephone pole and part of a railroad track. 

I don't know what these are called, but they are all over on the trees.  Very fuzzy, and messy.

Here is another stretch of road next to the swamp that I pass by everyday.

This is just so awesome.  It's amazing looking in person.

This is pretty cool looking too.  I have about 10 of these on the route back from work.  The ivy has grown up around the big trees.  Neato misquito.

Here is the swamp in all it's glory.

There you go.  That was just part of my walk today.  It really is awesome to take the time to smell the roses.  I can't believe all the cool stuff in my back yard.  :)  Have a great Easter everyone!

Tell me what you think!

Love,

Rick M

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Darkmolerman

LOL you stole our Hana, Maui AND clouds!
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

the_wasd_man

Beautiful pics, man! And I envy you so much... it's snowing right now where I live. Everything was going normally until we got a freak snowstorm a few days ago. It hasn't stopped since... *sigh*

Enough of that, I've got a 6 day easter vacation! ;)

Darkmolerman

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Jen

Beautiful photos Rick. I hate to admit this, but I didn't know you had swamps up there in Washington. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, what with all the rain you get there. Dave has family that lives up in Seattle and they said that Aberdeen gets more rain because you're near the coast. Lots of rain = some swamps I suppose.   :)

I know a little about territorial farm animals...growing up on a farm will give you some experience in that area. We had a goose that was a mean ol' cuss. He would down his neck and run at you with his wings out. When he got close enough, and you weren't prepared, he would grab you with his beak and twist. WOW that hurt. Geese bills have sand papery insides. And if that wasn't enough he'd beat you within an inch of your life with his wings.   :o

I got pretty good at defending myself from him. I would let him get close and then I'd scoop him up with the top of my foot and make him air born. He'd fly back down to the ground and go off to his pond to pout. It never hurt him but he didn't like being showed up in front of his lady friends.  :taz
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

jedijeff

Those are real nice pictures, you can really see spring starting to happen, you live in real pretty country. Where I am, we sre still stuck with bits of snow, and cloudy dreary days. What doesn't have snow, is dirty sand and gravel left over from all our winter snow. Makes me wish that the last bit of winter would just leave us.

Rico

Nice pics!  Man, I'm envious.  It's snowing here in Michigan today!  Bahh!  Got about an inch or so and it's only about 32F.   :(

moyer777

Well it was beautiful yesterday, but today I woke up to the sounds of pitter patter on my roof.
It is raining yet once again!

:)

FUN!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Darkmolerman

Awww man you have a trampaline! all i have is a swing.

comix

LOL shameless plug! Daffodils that grow WILD???? You never see that here, but the Palo Verde trees are all in bloom. Lovely splashes of bright yellow against a bright blue sky, so pretty. I will try to find a pic to show you.
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)