• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

How fast are you?

Started by X, January 24, 2008, 08:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

I now have a connection in my office that runs through the power lines.  :)  (from the hub)
Pete

ChrisMC

Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bromptonboy

I was getting 2MB in my office before, and I am not paying for anything beyond 15MB (I don't need those kind of speeds, not file sharing and I am cheap enough that I can live with buffering of movies!)
Pete

X

My mac on wireless

Jobydrone

Just got a free speed upgrade from Comcast!

"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Jobydrone

Not as hot over wireless but still better than before!

"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bromptonboy

Pete

X

Rico

Those speeds are nuts!  I need that too!!

Rico

Haven't posted a speed test in a little while.  Still seems pretty good.

Bromptonboy

The cheapest one FIOS will let me have in my area.  :)

Pete

Rico

Got a little bump up in speed recently.  Comcast still costs too much!

Bromptonboy

Does everyone here do a lot of file sharing?  I find I cannot justify paying for speed increases, as at ~20mb my family of 4 surfs the web, streams videos on Netflix or Youtube, and I work from home without any issues or perceived slowness.
My son does some gaming, but it is mostly through STEAM, and he seems to move along at a good speed.
Pete

Rico

Quote from: Bromptonboy on January 04, 2018, 08:17:12 AM
Does everyone here do a lot of file sharing?  I find I cannot justify paying for speed increases, as at ~20mb my family of 4 surfs the web, streams videos on Netflix or Youtube, and I work from home without any issues or perceived slowness.
My son does some gaming, but it is mostly through STEAM, and he seems to move along at a good speed.

Speed helps me a lot for the podcast, big vidcasts, photo sharing, Dropbox, and so forth.  I just wish the upload was quicker.