Netflix New Series: Marco Polo

Started by Bromptonboy, November 06, 2014, 03:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

Being billed as Netflix's answer to Game of Thrones:

http://decider.com/2014/10/29/marco-polo-netflix-original-series/

Pete

Feathers

I originally thought they were re-launching one of the early Doctor Who stories of the same name. Oh well.

I couldn't get through GofT so I don't think I need a clone just right now. Anyway, do these Netflix only shows get made available in other countries? (As a non-Netflix customer I have no way of knowing)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bromptonboy

Netflix has a great remake of the UK series 'House of Cards' - really quite good.
Pete

Feathers

The political one? The original was excellent as I remember but I can't imagine it in a US context.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Feathers on November 08, 2014, 03:17:17 AM
The political one? The original was excellent as I remember but I can't imagine it in a US context.
Yes that is the one.  I love the UK version, but the US version is really good.  You should give it a try.  Instead of being a Tory, FU (Francis Underwood instead of Francis Urqhart) is on the other end of the spectrum, and a southerner.
There is more emphasis on the wife's role in the US version - and it is a little less 'MacBeth-like' - but quite well done.  Season two of the US versions ends roughly where Season 1 of the UK version ended.
Pete