• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Fall 2014 TV

Started by Rico, September 08, 2014, 05:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Some useful info at this link about premiere dates for shows:

http://stvplus.com/calendar/2014/09

And here is an overall grid of shows and when they are airing...

Bromptonboy

I am anxiously awaiting the new BBT episodes (9/22 I think for the new season).
Pete

Jobydrone

Looks like Constantine has been placed in the death spot right from the start.  Too bad, he's a cool character.  Love to see the Swamp Thing make an appearance!!!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Jobydrone

Quote from: Bromptonboy on September 09, 2014, 02:43:21 AM
I am anxiously awaiting the new BBT episodes (9/22 I think for the new season).
Up against Gotham though!  Hope Officer Gordon can successfully kick Sheldon and Leonard's butts.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bromptonboy

Pete

Rico

Big Bang is only moved to Mondays until the end of October due to football on Thursday.  Besides, this is what we all have a DVR for (record one thing, watch another).

MARKO

Dvr yes Rico.....but Footbal messes sundays up too, boring football.
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Bromptonboy

I have been reading some of the spoiler sites for news on BBT.  Sounds like some significant changes around the Penny character.  Can't wait to seem them
Pete

Jobydrone

Quote from: Rico on September 10, 2014, 04:10:08 PM
Big Bang is only moved to Mondays until the end of October due to football on Thursday.  Besides, this is what we all have a DVR for (record one thing, watch another).
Sure, but my understanding is that only a smaller percentage of cable customers actually subscribe to and use DVR features even when it's available.  I think the whole concept of day/time of a show and what it's up against on other networks is still pretty important to a show's success or failure.  I'm just hoping (albeit without knowing how good the actual show is) that Gotham doesn't have problems being up against the hugely popular BBT.  They seem to be targeting the same demographic with these shows too.

Bromptonboy

I'll have to try and check Gotham out.
Pete

Rico

Quote from: Jobydrone on September 11, 2014, 10:20:23 AM
Quote from: Rico on September 10, 2014, 04:10:08 PM
Sure, but my understanding is that only a smaller percentage of cable customers actually subscribe to and use DVR features even when it's available.  I think the whole concept of day/time of a show and what it's up against on other networks is still pretty important to a show's success or failure.  I'm just hoping (albeit without knowing how good the actual show is) that Gotham doesn't have problems being up against the hugely popular BBT.  They seem to be targeting the same demographic with these shows too.

Yeah, I think you are right.  I think many people don't record much even if they have that ability - which is silly to me. I couldn't live without my TIVO these days.  Too many shows go head-to-head that I like.

Bromptonboy

I can never go back to the days before DVR's.
Pete

ricdude

DVRs?  Time to see what'll be on Hulu (Agents of SHIELD, Supernatural?, ...), and what I'll have to buy on Amazon (BBT, Walking Dead, ...).