• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

WINTER - 2014!

Started by Rico, January 03, 2014, 08:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

DECK OFFICER
      Sir, the temperature's dropping too
      rapidly.

HAN
      That's right.  And my friends out
      in it.

ASSISTANT OFFICER
      I'll cover sector twelve.  Have
      com-control set screen alpha.

Han pushes through the troops and mounts a Tauntaun.

DECK OFFICER
      Your Tauntaun'll freeze before you
      reach the first marker.

HAN
      Then I'll see you in hell!
Pete

Rico

Bromptonboy

Love the Family Guy spoof of that moment.
Pete

Rico

Now at -11.1F. (air temp.).

Geoff G.o.B

Just wanted to say that I hope everyone is safe and well in the chilly US of A, oh and please don't feel the need to share it with the UK! We can't cope with rain and damp leaves :-(
If you can remain calm when all around you are panicking, you probably didn't understand the question

Bromptonboy

Ok yesterday morning 55F/12C, now it is 1F/-17C outside with a windchill of -19F/-28C   some change in 24 hours!
Pete

Rico

Only hit -18F. Overnight. Wind chills to about -30-40F. Here.

billybob476

Same here. There's a ground stop at the airport. Equipment is freezing and ground crews can't stay outside long enough to do their jobs.

MARKO

Breaking records here 33 and feels like 21.
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Bromptonboy

I think this SOB is responsible for all of our vortex-woes.  Who does he think he is brokering deals about climate change without congressional or executive permissions?!

Pete

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

WillEagle

It was freezing here in Central Ohio too. Got a lot better for the weekend though. On those - degrees days when I went to work, or was leaving work for that matter, my car was like 'whatever dude, you try to start in this'. It did but it didn't want to. We have an old steam heating system and it stayed pretty nice in the upstairs the whole time. Downstairs at night got pretty chilly though.
The worst part was that on Monday and Tuesday the heat at work wasn't working right in the front of the store so all the employees about froze to death! I wore gloves most of those two days even when I was helping my customers which weren't to many. The furnace guy came on Tuesday to fix it and I wanted to start clapping. He fixed it and it was much nicer when I got to work on Wed.
Now if it stays in the 40's and no more snow for the rest of the winter I'll be good to go!!

Feathers

We've had rain, rain, floods and rain so it's been a fair bit warmer than you guys seem to have had. Having said that, our usual cold period is coming up so there is yet time for some snow over here. With the amount of water in my garden, if it finally freezes I should be able to sell skating rights to the neighbours.

Oh, and we've also had wind. My 30ft tree that's been lying across the neighbour's garden since Dec 23rd has finally been chopped up and taken away but I think I need a new fence now :(

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bromptonboy

Pete

Rico

LOL!  That's about right!  Here's a short video of our additional 8 inches of snow yesterday here:

http://www.treksinscifi.com/video/snow_20140201.mp4