• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK

Started by Vartok, August 10, 2012, 06:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Yeah, you are probably closer than my first price guess.  At first I was thinking $199.  But I'm hoping for only $150!  :)

saunders

Jeff Bond, who is writing the booklet for the project, has been responding to posts over on Trekmovie.com.  He says it will be about $200...ugh.  I want this so bad, but that is a lot to pay.  That would by a lot of bluray seasons of Trek.  I guess it's a reasonable per disk price (about $13) but hard to explain to my wife!

Any particular music people have always wanted to own from certain episodes?

Personally, I'd love the music from "Catspaw" when they first beam down and walk to the castle. 

WillEagle

Shoot! $150 or anything over $100 is out of my price range. I haven't even got the Star Wars blu-rays yet!

Rico

Well, the price has been announced.  A bit steep at $224.98.  But I'm still going to try and get this.

It's the 46th anniversary of STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES!  And that makes this the perfect occasion to update all of you with some new information regarding our upcoming release of STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION.

First off, thank you everybody for joining our mailing list and for helping us determine what the amount of the limited edition run will be.

We are now able to officially announce that this 15-CD box set will be released as a limited edition of 6000 units.

The retail price will be $224.98

We are still aiming for a late November 2012 release date and are currently on track to achieve that. You will be receiving further updates soon regarding the release date, content specifics and more!

Have a great weekend!

La-La Land Records

© 2012 La-La Land Records. All rights reserved.

Vartok

Rico, I had the closer box set price guess, does that mean I win the Treks in Sci Fi TOS box set prize??!! (hope-a hope-a).  Got the same notice today, wonder if they should ask for the 6000 people to re-indicate their interest; might drop a wee bit.

V

ChrisMC

Man, that's too rich for my blood. I wants it though, precious.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Rico on September 07, 2012, 04:16:20 PM
Well, the price has been announced.  A bit steep at $224.98.  But I'm still going to try and get this.

It's the 46th anniversary of STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES!  And that makes this the perfect occasion to update all of you with some new information regarding our upcoming release of STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION.

First off, thank you everybody for joining our mailing list and for helping us determine what the amount of the limited edition run will be.

We are now able to officially announce that this 15-CD box set will be released as a limited edition of 6000 units.

The retail price will be $224.98

We are still aiming for a late November 2012 release date and are currently on track to achieve that. You will be receiving further updates soon regarding the release date, content specifics and more!

Have a great weekend!

La-La Land Records

© 2012 La-La Land Records. All rights reserved.

That is really too rich for my blood. If they cut that in half and then some for digital DLs, I'll consider getting it. But there is no way I'm buying a CD/iTunes set like that for $200+. Heck, even the Beatles Box set sells for $149.99.
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

WillEagle

WOWZA! $224.98!! Let me know how good it is!

M-5

Rico

There was a lot of work that went into digging up a lot of this music and remastering it, compiling it, etc.  More than just reissuing a box set of previous music already out there.  Just watch the video at the start of this thread to see some of what was done to pull all this together.  Obviously the price is steep and everyone has to decide for themselves if they want it or not.  Anyway, I'm still going to try and get myself a copy.  Never really thought anyone would pull something like this off.  A box set of basically all the TOS music done.  Awesome!   :metallica:

Rico

Mark Dec. 4th on your calendars if you want this set...

La-La Land Records will officially release the 15-CD "STAR TREK THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION" on Dec 4th at 1pm (PST) on our website www.lalalandrecords.com

As announced previously, the set will be limited to 6000 Units and will be priced at $224.98

The set contains 636 tracks of astounding TREK music. With a running time of 17 hours, 18 minutes and 17 seconds.

Stay tuned for more information about this release  - and for details on a special release event to be held at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood, CA on Dec 3rd!

Vartok

Rico, we know you are buying the music - here is the neat perk - going?

V

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS
PRESS RELEASE: November 7, 2012

LA-LA LAND RECORDS INVITES YOU TO JOIN US FOR THE
STAR TREK THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION CELEBRATION!

Dec 3, 2012, 7:30pm at the historic Egyptian Theater in Hollywood, CA
Admission to this event is FREE!

Join La-La Land Records as it marks its 10th anniversary with the release of the STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION at the historic Egyptian Theater in Hollywood, CA on Dec 3rd, 2012, at 7:30pm.

We will celebrate with two classic TREK episodes, MIRROR, MIRROR and AMOK TIME on the BIG screen courtesy of CBS, followed by a special discussion with original series composer Gerald Fried and writer David Gerrold, hosted by Trek music writer and TOS soundtrack set co-producer Jeff Bond.

The event is free of charge and all attendees will get a complimentary small popcorn and soda! There will also be a T-shirt giveaway and more!

Additionally, the STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION will be available for purchase at the event, a day ahead of its official Dec. 4th release!  RETAIL PRICE: $225.00 (tax included).

Go to www.lalalandrecords.com now to get your free tickets and we'll see you at the big show!

In updated news regarding the set itself – while a 100-page booklet was originally announced as part of the set, to best present the project's liner notes in the most informative, manageable and appealing manner possible, it was determined to divide the notes into a 24 page overview booklet, supplemented by three individual season-specific 33-page booklets (each of which will be housed within its corresponding clamshell case).

Rico

That would be cool!  Kenny should drop by that event.  I mean you get a free small popcorn and a soda too.  :)

Rico

Rico