Main Menu

STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK

Started by Vartok, August 10, 2012, 06:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vartok

in my email today

COMING SOON FROM LA-LA LAND RECORDS
STAR TREK®: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION

Burbank, CA -- La-La Land Records proudly announces its forthcoming release of STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION, a limited edition 15-CD box set, showcasing all episode scores as heard in all three original seasons of the landmark sci-fi television series STAR TREK (1966-1969). This special collection of ground-breaking, iconic music, from one of television's most acclaimed and beloved series, has been newly remastered from studio elements and features hours of stellar material previously unreleased in any format.

Original series composers Alexander Courage, George Duning, Jerry Fielding, Gerald Fried, Sol Kaplan, Samuel Matlovsky, Joseph Mullendore and Fred Steiner are all represented in this deluxe collection, their historic work meticulously assembled, restored and remastered to ensure the finest presentation and sound quality possible. A 100-Page CD Booklet, featuring exclusive, in-depth liner notes from film music writer and Star Trek historian Jeff Bond, complements this attractive set, which is housed in a hardcover slipcase.

The collection is expected to be released in late fall 2012. It will be a limited pressing, but the total number of units to be manufactured has yet to be determined. You can help the label decide how many units will ultimately be pressed by visiting www.lalalandrecords.com now and signing up for the STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION MAILING LIST.

STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION is licensed by CBS Consumer Products and produced in cooperation with GNP Crescendo Records, the longtime home of pioneering classic Star Trek television and film soundtracks. GNP Crescendo's Neil Norman has allowed for episode scores previously and exclusively released by Crescendo to be newly expanded and remastered for this box set, in order to make the collection as comprehensive as possible.

This release marks the kind of authoritative collection of original Trek series music that fans have desired for decades. "For 45 years, those like me who love this music could only dream about having it all," remarks album producer Lukas Kendall. "This is the major, historical piece of sci-fi music, television music and pop culture music that we have always wanted to release in a definitive form for the collector."

"A majority of the music featured in this set has never been released," adds Executive Album Producer and La-La Land Records President MV Gerhard. "Of that unreleased music, there is a fairly large percentage that no one has ever heard because it was written and recorded for the show, but never featured in the episodes." Regarding some of these previously unreleased tracks, Album Music Editor Neil S. Bulk comments, "No original music from season three, apart from the main title, has ever been released. It's really distinct and definitely Star Trek... It's what people have always wanted."

"The original show was very theatrical," says Trek historian and liner notes writer Jeff Bond. "So the music reflected that. It was huge and very expressive and thematic. And that makes it very exciting to listen to apart from the show."

The original Trek series scores team with action, adventure and drama, but they are also infused with deep emotion and the greatness of the human spirit. Such characteristics have kept these richly orchestrated tracks vital and relevant decades beyond their original recording. "Trek was always about the human condition," remarks Co-Executive Album Producer and La-La Land Records VP, Matt Verboys. "And the scores have that in it and I think that's what has made both the show and its music timeless."

For more about STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION, visit www.lalalandrecords.com now and join the STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK MAILING LIST to receive important forthcoming information and announcements regarding the release, such as the official release date, the number of units pressed, pricing and much more!

® & © 2012 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.

lalalandrecords.com
150 S. Glenoaks Blvd. #9252
Burbank California 91502
United States

Rico

KingIsaacLinksr

It is about dang time they started releasing the OST. Star Wars has had theirs out forever.
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on August 10, 2012, 10:20:52 PM
It is about dang time they started releasing the OST. Star Wars has had theirs out forever.

Tim - several CD's of music from the original series have been put already.  This is just the first time they have attempted to put out such a collection in one package.

M-5

I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

WillEagle

I bet that will cost some $$$$$$$$! It would be worth it though.

Meds

moyer777

I almost wet my pants.  I hope it's not too much moola... it's calling my name already.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Ricardocameron

It may be worth it, but that is a nice chunk of cheddah to pay!  I'll save that for the TNG Blue Ray set. It would make a great gift, though.  For sure once I start getting some work in Python coding and Web Design lol...
www.GoldenRetrieverErrands.com
"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man, and let history make its own judgment." ~Dr. Zefram Cochrane

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." -Arthur C. Clarke

billybob476

Hopefully they'll have a cheaper digital-only version.

M-5

Quote from: Rico on August 13, 2012, 05:14:06 AM
I'm guessing around $150 - give or take.
Wow!  I'd better start saving up.

Rico

Quote from: M-5 on August 13, 2012, 02:14:31 PM
Quote from: Rico on August 13, 2012, 05:14:06 AM
I'm guessing around $150 - give or take.
Wow!  I'd better start saving up.

That's just a pricing guess based on the number of CD's you get and other similar collections.  Keep in mind they charge $35-40 for 3-CD special edition soundtrack sets sometimes and this is a 15 CD set.

Vartok

The Superman Blue Box with 8 disks was $130 several years ago, this is significantly larger.  Since we seem to have a pool going I am guessing $175.

V