• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

"Space: 2099" - new series

Started by Rico, February 12, 2012, 08:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

WOW!  This is exciting news!

ITV Studios America and HDFILMS announced an agreement today for the development of "SPACE: 2099" – a complete reimagining of Gerry and Sylvia Anderson's award winning and popular franchise "SPACE: 1999" which originally aired in the mid 1970's, it was announced today by Paul Buccieri, Managing Director of ITV Studios International and President and CEO of ITV Studios America and Jace Hall, President and Founder of HDFILMS Inc.

Hall, also Executive Producer, is at the helm of the creative effort and is working closely with ITV Studios America to realize the full potential of the story and franchise. HDFILMS Inc. focuses on creating premium online content as well as film, television, and videogames. As the development visionary and Executive Producer of the recently re-imagined "V" television series on ABC, Hall has been the driving force behind numerous creative projects across many media platforms.

According to Hall, "This is a rare and exciting creative opportunity for anyone involved in storytelling and one that I am honored to receive. Science fiction is a powerful format capable of visualizing the human condition in thought-provoking ways. While we are indeed re-imagining the franchise and bringing something new and relevant to today's audiences, I feel strongly that some of the overall tones set by the original "SPACE: 1999" television show represent an exciting platform to explore possibilities."

Buccieri said: "After more than 35 years, we are thrilled to be developing a new vision of our much beloved franchise for audiences worldwide. Historically, the "SPACE: 1999" brand has entertained and fascinated millions of people. We are enthusiastic about the vision that Jace Hall and his team at HDFILMS have created and we're very excited to be working together."

ABOUT ITV STUDIOS AMERICA
ITV Studios America, the US based production entity of ITV Studios in the UK, is one of the largest international producers for the US market and a major force in acquiring, developing and producing reality and scripted programming for US networks. ITV Studios America has a slate of formats in production with major networks and syndicators, including Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, First 48, After the First 48, Steven Seagal-Lawman, Four Weddings, Fat Chef, My Ride Rules, On The Fly, The Bill Cunningham Show, America Now and The Jeremy Kyle Show.

ABOUT HDFILMS INC.
HDFILMS INC. is a production company primarily focused on creating premium online content as well as film, television, and videogames. As the development visionary and Executive Producer of the recently re-imagined "V" television series on ABC, Jace Hall has been the driving force behind numerous creative projects across many media types.

For more information, please visit www.space2099TheSeries.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Space2099TheSeries
Twitter: @space_2099

Dangelus

Bromptonboy

Pete

Feathers

They've still got Eagles!!! I'm in!

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

bevs_plaything

Nice idea, but I don't believe it will every happen.  I am still waiting for the remake of Blake's 7 and the other Gerry & Sylvia Anderson show UFO.  While we're on the subject of Space 1999, the first season on Blu-ray is fantastic!!! :thumbsup

WillEagle

M-5

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Meds

I hope they don't drive the moon around again.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on February 13, 2012, 08:20:21 AM
I hope they don't drive the moon around again.
Maybe they will make it an asteroid, or something like that.  Perhaps the ISS.  :)
Pete

Dangelus

Bromptonboy

Maybe they will have some science experiment go awry that uses wormholes or something of that ilk.
Pete

Hal2001

Sounds promising.  A new space drama would be appreciated.  I'll half to revisit the original.   Some type of world ship might work better than driving the moon around as suggested. 

speedyraf

Thanks for the link and if the new series produces as promised, it should be really something to watch!

Bromptonboy

Any one hear anything about this one?  DOA?
Pete