• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Hi, My Name is Jen...

Started by Jen, September 15, 2011, 02:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

Hi. I'm Jen. I've been lurking on the boards for a couple of years now and finally decided I should go ahead and join your.... wait... I'm a mod here? When did that happen? Okay, so I've been AWOL off and on for about two yearsish. Here's my go to excuse:  I got pregnant, yes on purpose, after 13 years of marriage we decided to press our luck and have a baby. Being "with child" made me very sleepy. I use to mod the RPG, but I handed the reigns over to Hawkeyemeds and JustX and I stopped coming to the boards as much. Why? Because I was either sleeping or eating. That's very important stuff when you're expecting.  Since then, I've been busy at home and at work with family life...Anomaly...Anomaly...Anomaly...Anomaly and more Anomaly, oh and writing contests. Yeah. I recently entered a new author's competition. I'll find out in October if I've won or not. My submission is a children's story about the sun and moon and how they use to fight all the time. The grand prize is $5,000 and a chance to have your work published by Simon and Schuster. Wish me luck!

I've also narrated a few short stories for Podcastle in the past year. One was called "Before The Uprising" by Kathrine Sparrow. The other is called "The Witch's Second Daughter", it hasn't been uploaded yet. I'm sure they'll get to it next month or so. http://podcastle.org/2011/01/29/before-the-uprising/

A few days ago, Rick Peete sent me a very nice Facebook message asking me to come back to Trek SF. Thanks Rick. That was very kind of you. I responded yesterday, but I'm not sure if you got my message. I've also heard all of Rico's little comments on TrekSF about Angela and I not coming around anymore. To answer your latest question, Rico, we never mess up our intro: "and I am an Anomaly." We use too, but we learned how to say it without flubbing. Practice makes perfect. :D  Of course a glass of wine had during the cast does tend to make one to stumble from time to time, but that's what editing is for.

Rick Peete said you have a lack of geek girls here, we prefer the term "Anomalies". We could use some more geek guys on ours. We have some cross overs from Trek SF, our friends Meds and Kenny and Anomaly Dataskat, but most of our shared members are not regulars. We hope you'll visit our boards too.  Yeah, our layout is different than Trek SF, but it's not THAT hard to figure out. Especially if you practice. ;)

So. Hello. My Name is Jen, I once wore my Han Shot First shirt to a gun show...and I am an Anomaly.

I'll try to come by more often. Hello to all you I don't know and to all of you I do. Peace and long life. TTFN.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

QuadShot

It's very nice to "meet" you Jen - again! A lot has happened since you last visited. Man has been to the moon, several times, although, I still contend it was faked and actually created by Disney. :) It's really good to see you back again...Perchance you and Angela would be game for a visit to our Just Because podcast sometime to discuss Anomaly? :) (yep, I'm ALWAYS fishing!)

Rico

I certainly am well aware of how busy life can be at times - especially now that you have a little rugrat Jen.  And no worries, the light will always be on for you here.  Now, you just need to strong arm that Angela a little bit more.  ;)

P.S.  Did you catch the little bit of you and Angela at the end of my recent Enterprise podcast?  Hehe!

RickPeete

Hi Jen!  :cheering

Welcome home... uhhh... back... uhhh... whatever.  I am just happy to have you here with the rest of the gang!  As a heralded Anomaly, we are most honored to have the benefit of your perspective, insights, and humor (and to keep us geek guys in check)!

There is much rejoicing in the TSF! :metallica:

Sorry about the use of geek girls -- I guess I keep seeing the term in the Amomaly email address -- but you know I use it with the utmost respect.  I am one of the lurkers on the Anomaly forum and I know I need to get more involved there.  I will promise to contribute better in the future.

Loved the B5 commentary!  I loved that show (and I think my son may be the youngest B5 fan in Illinois) so I am looking forward to hearing more segments about it!

MARKO

"Amat Victoria Curam"

Meds

I seem to remember you..... hold on... no that was, was it? no. Nope its gone. Oh hold on I spoke to you five minutes ago.. er ;)

Rico

"Obi-Jen you say,....hmmmm,....Obi-Jen,.....now that's a name I've not heard in a long time."  ;)

WillEagle

KingIsaacLinksr

A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

KingIsaacLinksr

Or is it welcome forward? O_o

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

turtlesrock

hi jen! well i'm glad you're back! :)

spaltor

Jen!  Fancy meeting you here!  ;)

billybob476

Yay Jen! It'll be great to have you around a bit more.

Jen

Quote from: Rico on September 15, 2011, 03:29:14 PM
Now, you just need to strong arm that Angela a little bit more.  ;)

P.S.  Did you catch the little bit of you and Angela at the end of my recent Enterprise podcast?  Hehe!

I need to get her to come to OUR boards too. Maybe you could convince her. :D

Yep, LOL. I had no idea when we sent those how much play time they'd get. LOL.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Quote from: QuadShot on September 15, 2011, 03:25:24 PM
It's very nice to "meet" you Jen - again! A lot has happened since you last visited. Man has been to the moon, several times, although, I still contend it was faked and actually created by Disney. :) It's really good to see you back again...Perchance you and Angela would be game for a visit to our Just Because podcast sometime to discuss Anomaly? :) (yep, I'm ALWAYS fishing!)

Sure. :) We've managed to swamp ourselves with interviews and joint casts for the next few months, but if you still want to have us on...maybe we could swing by in Dec? That would be cool.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast