• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Star Trek Viewer Party??

Started by Duffster, June 13, 2011, 07:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillEagle

Netflix I have which is great. I have some great series in my Q some from across the pond. However I don't have a X-Box but I am the proad owner of a PS3. So i'll miss out but sounds like it would be fun.

turtlesrock

if we can know what movie we're watching when i think i could watch them at the same time. what's the schedule?

Rico

I'm getting close to getting this on the podcast schedule.  It will probably be happening around the weekend of August 20-21. 

Rico

Ok, I want to sort of do a test run of this now that I have my son's XBOX hooked up.  I'm thinking tomorrow evening (8/6/11) at about 8pm eastern time.  So, who has an XBOX, a Live account and Netflix that can join me?  I'm thinking of watching a classic Trek episode.

ChrisMC

Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

Anyone else up for trying this tonight??

P.S.  By the way, my son's gamer tag/name is Octeris on the XBOX.  I will need to know your tag to invite you and add you to his friends list.

Rico

I think I'm going to delay this until later next week.  Having some computer troubles and I want to see if we can get more folks to join in.  I'll try and mention it on the podcast tomorrow too.

ChrisMC

Cool. My gamertag is Kryptonian 74.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Jobydrone

My live Gold scrip expired but I can join for a month if you get this going.  My gamertag is JobytheHutt.  Does anyone know for certain that Gold is required for this?
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on August 08, 2011, 06:44:50 AM
My live Gold scrip expired but I can join for a month if you get this going.  My gamertag is JobytheHutt.  Does anyone know for certain that Gold is required for this?

As far as I know it would require that, but I'm no XBOX Live expert.

billybob476

Netflix on XBox live does indeed require a gold account.

Rico

Hmmm.  So you need an XBOX, a gold account, and Netflix.  I do want to still try this, if enough people can hook up that have all that.

Dangelus

I wonder if doing a Skype conference call with synchronised playback of the episode would work? Tricky as I think only 1 person could really have the volume playing etc. At least more would be able to join in.

billybob476

Quote from: Rico on August 08, 2011, 08:38:27 AM
Hmmm.  So you need an XBOX, a gold account, and Netflix.  I do want to still try this, if enough people can hook up that have all that.

And have Trek on Netflix, we still don't in Canada, though rumour is we're getting it soon.

Rico

Quote from: Dangelus on August 08, 2011, 08:53:06 AM
I wonder if doing a Skype conference call with synchronised playback of the episode would work? Tricky as I think only 1 person could really have the volume playing etc. At least more would be able to join in.

Yeah, I've thought about doing that too.  But those watching will have to have their audio piped into a headset like you said.  If we can't get enough to do it via the XBOX, this will be the backup plan.