• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Almost finished Enterprise Season 2

Started by Danieru_x, January 11, 2011, 05:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danieru_x

I just wanted to write down how much I am enjoying enterprise, I never thought I would like the series but I have blazed through season 1 & 2, watching daily on my commutes to work and have really enjoyed what I have seen so far.

Just a couple of notes on some episodes I have watched recently, I really enjoyed s2ep17: Canamar where Trip and Archer are accused of smuggling and are put on a prison ship headed for a penal colony, I just really enjoyed the lengths to which Archer will go to get his way, even if it means actually posing as a smuggler (of what I wouldn't know).

I also really enjoyed the episode I watched today s2ep21: The Breach. I can't say it was the best of stories in the trek universe but it is almost like a trek - to kill a mocking bird, in that it makes us realise there is unneeded prejudice in the world (or galaxy) which we should try to overcome.

Can't wait to get onto season 3! Did the series get better from here or was this the point of decline? In any case I will continue to watch!

Bryancd

Rico

I enjoyed all of Enterprise, but season 3 & 4 are especially great.  Some awesome stories, acting, etc.  I think you will be impressed at how good it is.  Still makes me sad that many had stopped watching by then.

davekill

Cool, I just finished rewatching season three.

Manny Coto (executive producer of 24) improved the show in season three.

From his wiki page:

"Coto joined the writing crew of Enterprise in 2003, when the show was in its third season; his episodes include "Similitude", "Chosen Realm" and "Azati Prime". He became a co-executive producer later that season. In the fourth season he became executive producer of the show, alongside series creators Rick Berman and Brannon Braga. According to his bio on StarTrek.com, he has been a fan of Star Trek all his life and once wrote a Star Trek comic book"

To bad about the network reorganization that ended Enterprise early.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_Coto

jedijeff

Like the others said, I am sure you will really like Season 3 and 4. I thought the first two seasons were alright, there were a few episodes that might not have been the best, but overall, I thought the seasons were pretty solid. I agree with what Dave says as well, once Manny Coto came into the fold, he sort of renergized Enterprise and took it to another level. I think that is what made it most disappointing for me when they canceled it, as there was so much more they could do with the show, and never got a chance to do that.

Rico

Yep, Manny Coto really knows Trek.  He would be one of my top choices to helm any future new Trek TV series.

moyer777

You could have done some cool stuff with it too Rico!  RICO for Writer/Producer of the next Trek series!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Bryancd

Quote from: moyer777 on January 11, 2011, 11:48:23 AM
You could have done some cool stuff with it too Rico!  RICO for Writer/Producer of the next Trek series!

Yes! And he can do it all in 3D!!!! ;)

Rico

Quote from: moyer777 on January 11, 2011, 11:48:23 AM

Thanks!  Actually, I think I could make it pretty darn cool.  Get back to the roots of what makes Trek great.  Of course Katee would have to get a part on the show.  ;)

Jobydrone

Quote from: Rico on January 11, 2011, 12:49:11 PM
Thanks!  Actually, I think I could make it pretty darn cool.  Get back to the roots of what makes Trek great.  Of course Katee would have to get a part on the show.  ;)

Omg, I can see it now:

Star Trek:  Aurora - Revenge of Starbuck
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Love it!  And I am partial to the Starship name, Aurora.  :)

davekill

I hope this isn't too far off topic.

Saw the NX-01 refit diagram on Doug Drexler's blog: http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2010/04/25/nx-01-refit-diagram/

By the fifth season of Enterprise the need for an enhanced drive and more available power would have been realized and the ship refitted. The engineering section moved to the secondary hull and the ship would get a familiar deflector dish.

more examples at the Modelers Miniatures and Magic site

http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=26713

Danieru_x

Thanks for your comments guys, I can't wait to get onto the next two seasons! Nice enterprise there too Dave!

spaltor

I felt the same way about "Enterprise". But people kept saying to give it a try, and when I finally did, I really enjoyed it.  I was actually surprised by how much I liked it (and the characters).

I think it can really help your enjoyment of a show you're not too sure about when you watch it later on DVD.  Questions get resolved faster, and little things that may get on your nerves if you have to wait a week between episodes don't really bother you. 

X

Quote from: davekill on January 11, 2011, 07:38:46 PM
I hope this isn't too far off topic.

Saw the NX-01 refit diagram on Doug Drexler's blog: http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2010/04/25/nx-01-refit-diagram/

Maybe it's just me, but it looks pretty ugly and kind of forced. I really don't like it and pretty close to hating it.