• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"Smallville" - season nine

Started by Rico, August 24, 2009, 07:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Well, season nine of the amazing long run of "Smallville" starts at the end of September on the CW.  I've really enjoyed this alternate take on the Superman legend over the many years it's been on.  They keep sort of reinventing themselves.  Last season was good even with the loss of a few main characters.  This season looks pretty cool so far too.  Sneak peak trailer below:

HD Smallville Season 9 Trailer

Rico

Rico

Here's Clark in his semi-Supes suit from the upcoming season 9.

PepperDude

Dangelus

Quote from: Rico on September 05, 2009, 09:29:27 AM

I like this look!

I'm really ready for the new TV season to kick in. I'm almost through 10 seasons of Stargate SG-1 this summer!

Feathers

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

sheldor

Look at you!   All growed up.  If they are changing so much, why not make the series about an alternate reality?

X

Quote from: markinro on September 11, 2009, 04:59:38 PM

Look at you!   All growed up.  If they are changing so much, why not make the series about an alternate reality?

By the very definition of the premise and the events involved, it is an alternate reality. All the TV shows are alternate realities and are not beholden to the continuity of the comics.

Rico

The series has always just been a slightly different take on Clark Kent growing up in "Smallville."  And I've been enjoying it a lot.

sheldor

Quote from: Rico on September 11, 2009, 07:18:13 PM
The series has always just been a slightly different take on Clark Kent growing up in "Smallville."  And I've been enjoying it a lot.

Yeah, I'll add it to the dvr.  If I get "lost", I'll give you call...

Rico

Quote from: markinro on September 11, 2009, 07:56:37 PM
Quote from: Rico on September 11, 2009, 07:18:13 PM

Yeah, I'll add it to the dvr.  If I get "lost", I'll give you call...

Cool!  I think you'll enjoy it.  I have most of the previous seasons on DVD, if you want to borrow them and "catch up" sometime.

Rico

moyer777

Well, I have to say, I didn't dig the first episode too much.  It was all so cryptic.  I think it was just that the style was off from what it usually is with Smallville.  It had a more [spoiler]comic book feel to it.  I mean, I understand that, but it felt like they were playing an episode of lost.  Now we have to watch how this season unfolds until Clark destroys the world.   ?  [/spoiler]

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

I kind of agree Rick - it's gotten a bit too dark for me and way too much is unexplained.  Read on...

[spoiler]So we wait all summer for info on what happened to Lois and she just pops back from the future - no memory of it?  Did sort of the same thing on "Fringe" and it's kind of annoying.  And where did Zod and his whole platoon come from??  Who's the girl after Lois?  Lots of questions.[/spoiler]

The tone is quite a bit different.  I did like the Brian Austin Green character (Metallo??).  I'll keep watching, but the show doesn't seem as fun currently.

Jobydrone

I just started watching season 1 of this epic show.  I have a long way to go before I get current.  Looking forward to it though.  I've been really enjoying my Ipod touch, transferring TV shows and movies to it and watching them on the go, the train ride to work, my lunch hour, etc.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx