• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Once Upon a Time

Started by Geekyfanboy, May 18, 2011, 08:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillEagle

I have been enjoying this also but I am a couple episodes behind. I watch it on Huluplus because I do watch The Amazing Race or Sunday Night Football if it has a team I like to watch playing. I also think the Emma Stone character is very pretty.

ElfManDan

After the last two episodes I'm really starting to enjoying this show.

Geekyfanboy

OMG.. the latest episode was FANTASTIC!! It had quite a few WOW moments. I'm loving this series.

Dangelus

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on November 28, 2011, 01:54:55 PM
OMG.. the latest episode was FANTASTIC!! It had quite a few WOW moments. I'm loving this series.

I'm LOVNG this show now. It is a phenomenon. :)

ElfManDan

[spoiler]I just loved the Jiminy Cricket story too. Brought so much more to the Doc's character in the real world.[/spoiler]

I am really liking the combo of fairy tale and real world. I'm still a little unsure how long they can do it and keep it fresh, but it's so great right now.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Sheppard on November 28, 2011, 02:09:02 PM

[spoiler]I just loved the Jiminy Cricket story too. Brought so much more to the Doc's character in the real world.[/spoiler]

I am really liking the combo of fairy tale and real world. I'm still a little unsure how long they can do it and keep it fresh, but it's so great right now.

Oh I think it can go on for quite some time.. There are so many fairy tale characters to do backstory on and in the real world the days are not passing too fast. I mean season one can last a week in the "real world" So it's not like they are going to drag it out for years and years.

ElfManDan

Well partly I worry it could become fairytale of the week and I don't want that. So far is been very fresh though and I think they are doing a very good job. If they can make it work and have a plan all power to them. It's just a thought I've had. I love the characters though and that's the most important thing in my book.

Rico

I enjoyed the Jiminy back story this week too.  Cool series so far and I'm glad it's doing well.  We need more fantasy in our lives.

DrKankles

I agree with Rico, it's about time a genre show came on and had some solid good ratings and not the usual will it make or won't it type ratings (see Terra Nova).  This show will obviously be renewed and I hope the creators are able to keep delivering.  It does help that they can dip not just into fairy tales but into the Disney versions that most people are familiar with.  I'm sure we all get that good feeling each time a reference is given to the source material... I was kind of hoping for a little When you wish upon a star though lol.  Good show, hope the quality keeps up.

Jeff  :usflag

Geekyfanboy

A picture of Emilie De Ravin as Belle

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Geekyfanboy

'Once Upon a Time' Star Confirms Surprising Death This Season
November 28, 2011 02:27:00 GMT

While he claims that information on future episodes is kept secret, Raphael Sbarge can confirm that another character will meet his/her end within the next several episodes.

After killing off Cinderella's Fairy Godmother, "Once Upon a Time" will see the demise of another character. Confirming report that an unexpected character will die before the show reaches episode 10, cast member Raphael Sbarge says, "I can tell you that it's true. Someone is going to die."

Comparing "Once Upon a Time" to "Lost", whose two of the producers create the fairytale drama series, Sbarge says the death twist is one of the things that will add the thrill on the show. "I guess that's similar again to 'Lost' where it does obviously add to the high stakes element of the show," the Archie Hopper depicter states.

Another similarity between the fairytale drama series and the J. J. Abrams-created sci-fi series is "that they have a large ensemble and what they do is that they take a few characters and they kind of take them, effectively on a deep dive," Sbarge adds. The actor explains, "That deep dive is able to really open up that whole world."

Sbarge character, who is also known as Jiminy Cricket in the fairytale land, is the one whose past is explored in the Sunday, November 27 episode. "It's about what he's struggling with and how he has to find his way with his stepmother and what complexities lay ahead for him, too," he further details.

ori-STUDFARM

Quote from: Sheppard on November 28, 2011, 02:25:34 PM
Well partly I worry it could become fairytale of the week and I don't want that. So far is been very fresh though and I think they are doing a very good job. If they can make it work and have a plan all power to them. It's just a thought I've had. I love the characters though and that's the most important thing in my book.

Exactly how I feel. So far so good, but it won't take long for "fairytale of the week" to start to wear thin. We could do with some real OMG shock moments in the real world too. We keep hearing

[spoiler]  "things are starting to change. You're undoing the spell"[/spoiler]

But we're not actually seeing much, if anything. Nothing really significant anyway...

ElfManDan

I was thinking about that actually and the story although fairytale of the week is progressing forward. It won't get old so quick if we keep seeing story progression and characters develop. I think that's why it's working so well so far. Eventually it could be an issue, but I don't think for a while long as they don't halt the development of the show. I think that's the issue we've seen in other shows where they don't advance the story and the show gets boring.

Rico

Keep in mind guys we've only see what, 5-6 episodes so far?  Lets see where the show goes for the season.

ElfManDan

This true Rico, but when the first few are doing good that's also a very good sign.