• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

"V" ABC Re-Boot - (spoilers)

Started by spidey27, October 09, 2008, 10:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyer777

Ok, V was pretty kicking.  We got some answers to our questions from previous discussions here.. at least we now know why the V's are keeping us around.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

spaltor

Quote from: moyer777 on February 23, 2011, 10:35:01 AM
Ok, V was pretty kicking.  We got some answers to our questions from previous discussions here.. at least we now know why the V's are keeping us around.

The whole thing feels very...
[spoiler]Borg . "We will add your bilogical and technological distinctiveness to our own" and all that.  With DNA.[/spoiler]

QuadShot

Ok, V was pretty kicking.  We got some answers to our questions from previous discussions here.. at least we now know why the V's are keeping us around.

Yeah, they're here for Justin Bieber!!

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: QuadShot on February 23, 2011, 11:46:09 AM

Yeah, they're here for Justin Bieber!!

Well, its true that he's the future of our race. 

Hmm, I suddenly heard millions of voices cry out...and then silenced.  Weirdest thing ever.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

QuadShot

Thoughts in this weeks episode of V? I for one am not like Father, er, I mean, EX-Father Jack much. Am I the ONLY one who thinks he's a bit of a...well, weenie? I mean, c'mon Jack. This IS a war you know. I'm actually rooting for Anna to find out about the 5th Column and capture Jack and torture him!! :)

WillEagle

Finally watched last weeks "V" tonight. [spoiler]I really like how Erica is taking charge of the 5th column. And I don't think she likes the methods but sometimes you just need to take the risk. The part where those guys died, Gross!! And the part where she was in her kitchen at the end. HELLO, SWEET SUSAN!!! and WOWZA!! For some reason my wife didn't like that part as much as I did.[/spoiler] Has anybody heard any updates on its future?

Rico

Only one episode to go - maybe for the series.  I've heard...

[spoiler]Like three characters are going to die on the series.  Trying to think of who the three might be.  Guesses??[/spoiler]

Dangelus

I'll go out on a limb here:

[spoiler]3 characters to die?
How about:

Tyler - he's served his purpose, we know what he's around for.

Anna - controversial but they are trying to get rid of her and it might help with a revamp of the show.

The V that has a hybrid daughter. Forget his name, but he may die saving her.

[/spoiler]

We will see, or maybe not if it gets cancelled! :(

iceman

Why do they always cancel a shows that have so much potential especially with this season being so good.

Dangelus

It just seems that this year the powers that be have decided that "genre shows" ate not selling so they are pulling the plug.

I remember only just a few years ago I had so many shows to watch that a had to drop a few because I couldnt keep up!

iceman

What a waste considering they have so many ways to go in this show.

KingIsaacLinksr

To be honest, this is 2 years of "potential".  V has been a good show, but its potential has never been reached and the writers seem unwilling to go the extra distance to make it an absolutely awesome show.  Its been given a chance and if we aren't willing to watch it, I guess it dies...

King

WillEagle

I think it might be[spoiler]Jack, because he isn't doing much. Lisa, she will get killed trying to kill Anna. And that 5th column dude that joined Erica after the building blew up. [/spoiler]
They better not cancel this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feathers

Quote from: Kingisaaclinksr on March 12, 2011, 04:28:01 PM
To be honest, this is 2 years of "potential".  V has been a good show, but its potential has never been reached and the writers seem unwilling to go the extra distance to make it an absolutely awesome show.  Its been given a chance and if we aren't willing to watch it, I guess it dies...

King

Disagree completely! I'm most through S1 and this is brilliant stuff. I hope S2 is as good but I don't think they've missed much here.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

KingIsaacLinksr

I'm not saying its a bad show, I really enjoy it but I just feel like there is a potential this show could reach but they drag it down with characters like Tyler and some really weak writing.  I don't need to spoil one episode so I'll just put spoiler tags:

[spoiler]Erica Evens and Kyle Hobbes hooking up out of nowhere?  Why?  I didn't see any "romantic tensions" before that episode at all.  If anything, it existed between her and the priest.  (If weakly) And now Hobbes is a touchy feeling type of guy?  What happened to the badass Mercenary who would do anything for victory?  People don't just change like that overnight.  Regardless of what you were doing during the night. ;)[/spoiler]

Just saying though.  I still enjoy the show :)  It is not bad and if they cut it from TV I will be very....disappointed

King