• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"V" ABC Re-Boot - (spoilers)

Started by spidey27, October 09, 2008, 10:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feathers

Cutting across this thread for a moment, I've just reached the end of season 1, ready for season 2 to premiere next week.

I like the way it's run so far, a lot has gone on but not a lot has been achieved in that the Vs are still around and don't appear to be making their moves too quickly. The one thing I could do with more clarity on is the period of time over which the season is supposed to have taken place.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

WillEagle

I will stick with this show if it comes back. It is one of my favorite shows on right now. I stopped watching The Cape before it was over mainly because it seemed doomed to end and I stopped watching Being Human as well because of the episode with the Priest in it.
Anyhow back to V! I really enjoyed the finale and I liked the Project Ares twist. I didn't like the bliss thing but I can live with that. It caught the humans by surprise after all. [spoiler]I thought Jack was a goner for sure and it was kinda cool how Diana got killed even though I liked her. And the new Lisa was kinda creepy. [/spoiler]
If this doesn't come back as a series they need to bring it back as a movie or mini-series to give us a good ending. Also I found the original V mini-series and the 1st regular series on Netflix!

Geekyfanboy

QuadShot

Feathers

Bah! Season finale here next week (two shows back to back) and I'm sure they can't resolve everything in that time.

I've watched these two seasons pretty much straight through and I'm very in to it at this point. Humanity doesn't look like it stands much of a chance at this point but bit finding out any of the resution is going to be a real pain.

Bring back some sci-fi bottle show series. These arc shows are starting to reveal their weaknesses (when none are allowed to complete.£

KingIsaacLinksr

V was losing it.  I was losing interest in the show with too many dumb characters and...well, no, it was just dumb characters.  The V's were the most interesting plot point and the humans were just soo...dim.  Still, would have loved to see it renewed :(

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Feathers

Are they dim or just fighting a battle they can't hope to win against a level if technology they can't hope to understand? I know it's not played out that way in the show buts that the view that colours my watching.

So, dim maybe, but only the way that cavemen would look dim against marines.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Kingisaaclinksr on May 13, 2011, 02:47:29 PM
V was losing it.  I was losing interest in the show with too many dumb characters and...well, no, it was just dumb characters.  The V's were the most interesting plot point and the humans were just soo...dim.  Still, would have loved to see it renewed :(

King

I totally disagree with you that "V" was losing it. It started of slow but picked up steam towards the end of Season 1 and then kept going with Season 2 and took some big leaps until the finale which was taking the story into another entire direction. I'm not saying it was perfect and they had some character issues but I enjoyed every minute of it.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on May 13, 2011, 02:52:49 PM
V was losing it.  I was losing interest in the show with too many dumb characters and...well, no, it was just dumb characters.  The V's were the most interesting plot point and the humans were just soo...dim.  Still, would have loved to see it renewed :(

King

I totally disagree with you that "V" was losing it. It started of slow but picked up steam towards the end of Season 1 and then kept going with Season 2 and took some big leaps until the finale which was taking the story into another entire direction. I'm not saying it was perfect and they had some character issues but I enjoyed every minute of it.

[spoiler]I guess my main problem was the last episode.  I'm still trying to figure out why they didn't just setup several snipers to take out Anna or bombs or....lots of other weapons.  Relying on the daughter of your enemy to take out her own mother?  No one would have the single, most valuable part of their plan dependent on someone who could easily be turned like that.  

And Tyler's character...yeah.  I don't need to say more.  Its no secret that a lot of people cheered when he died at the end.  

And then the super-secret government agency.  Right.  That has a number of plot holes...

It picked up steam at the beginning of Season two and lasted till about 2/3rds the way, then it felt like it was falling apart a bit.  Guess that's just my opinion.  [/spoiler]

King

Feathers

Thanks for the spoilers for next week!

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Feathers on May 13, 2011, 02:58:23 PM

DANGIT.  Sorry.  Spoiler tag. 

King

Feathers

Quote from: Kingisaaclinksr on May 13, 2011, 02:59:28 PM

DANGIT.  Sorry.  Spoilered.

King

To be fair, I'd read most of them already, elsewhere, so I won't hold it against you but I don't know about anyone else. :)

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Feathers on May 13, 2011, 03:01:04 PM
Quote from: Kingisaaclinksr on May 13, 2011, 02:59:28 PM

DANGIT.  Sorry.  Spoilered.

King

To be fair, I'd read most of them already, elsewhere, so I won't hold it against you but I don't know about anyone else. :)

Well, that and the show's finale has been out for months, boy, I didn't realize that it took that long to transmit a show across the ocean.  I thought this was 2011, not 1997 ;) 

King

WillEagle

BUMMER, I REALLY ENJOYED THIS SHOW. ALONG WITH CHUCK 2 OF MY FAVORITES.

X

Quote from: Kingisaaclinksr on May 13, 2011, 02:56:31 PM
Quote from: Geekyfanboy on May 13, 2011, 02:52:49 PM

King

[spoiler]I guess my main problem was the last episode.  I'm still trying to figure out why they didn't just setup several snipers to take out Anna or bombs or....lots of other weapons.  Relying on the daughter of your enemy to take out her own mother?  No one would have the single, most valuable part of their plan dependent on someone who could easily be turned like that.  

And Tyler's character...yeah.  I don't need to say more.  Its no secret that a lot of people cheered when he died at the end.  

And then the super-secret government agency.  Right.  That has a number of plot holes...

It picked up steam at the beginning of Season two and lasted till about 2/3rds the way, then it felt like it was falling apart a bit.  Guess that's just my opinion.  [/spoiler]

King
King, how closely did you watch the show?

[spoiler] Where are they going to get several snipers and bombers to do what you suggest? They are a small force with nothing that can bypass the Visitor tech. She also wasn't easily turned. Her mother played upon emotions that she was just learning to deal with. Deep down she loved her mother and hoped that her mother had seen the light. It was that hope that was played on.

If it had been any other way, it would have seemed a joke. Everyone would be questioning where the 5th got all of the snipers and bombers. The V had been surprised by a sniper once, do you really thing that they wouldn't put measures in place to stop it from happening again.

The thing about being the underdog is that more times than not, the underdog fails. They don't do the impossible, they don't start a revolution. They die and are at best mild footnotes.

When a writer sets up the rules to their universe, they make a promise to the readers and the viewers to play by those rules. The things that you want to happen would break the rules that were set forth in the covenant between the writers and the consumers. It would have been taking an easy out of character way out to give the heroes a happy ending and that would have destroyed the show.

I don't think it was ever about humans actually winning, but for me it was about them refusing to lay down and be walked over without a fight.

[/spoiler]