News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

TNG Cast back together on "Family Guy"

Started by Rico, February 25, 2009, 04:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Awesome news (again):

Seven years after they last shared a screen together, the entire cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation (Yes, even Wil Wheaton and Denise Crosby) are reuniting... for an episode of Fox's Family Guy.

The crew of the Enterprise-D will get back together for, of all things, a Star Trek convention in next month's "Not All Dogs Go to Heaven" episode, which will see Patrick Stewart, Levar Burton, Gates McFadden, Michael Dorn, Wil Wheaton, Denise Crosby, Marina Sirtis, Brent Spiner and Jonathan Frakes appear as themselves as they get kidnapped by Stewie after he doesn't get to ask all of the questions he wanted at Quahog's Trek convention.

The episode is due to air March 29th.

source:
http://io9.com/5160294/st-tng-cast-reunite-in-cartoon-form

Geekyfanboy

Rico

Yeah, I thought there was.  Just a little reminder then about it.  This plus the season finale when they do "The Empire Strikes Back" means some great "Family Guy" ahead.    :starwars:

sheldor

March 29th ??!!   Patience young padawan...

Geekyfanboy

Here's a preview for this coming Sunday's episode.. it's the TNG episode

OMG I have watched this so many times... it's hilarious. This looks to be the funniest Family Guy to date.. I can't wait.

http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=familyguy&ep=1238001628897#

moyer777

I'm not a big fan of family guy, but this does look fun.  :)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

billybob476

Awesome awesome awesome! This won't be as epic as the Star Wars episodes but it's going to be hilarious. I'm so glad they were able to get everyone.

I wonder if Patrick Stewart being a regular on American Dad had anything to do with it.

Feathers

Funny, funny, funny!

I didn't expect that to play over here.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

billybob476

No sure if my opinion can be considered a spoiler but...

[spoiler]
Well, frankly I was not impressed. Basically if you watched the link above, that was every scene they were in. I LOVE Family Guy but this one was just not all that funny.
[/spoiler]

sheldor

[spoiler]Same here.  The preview was every scene - almost every line.  I enjoyed about 5 minutes of the entire episode.[/spoiler]

Rico

Hmmm....

[spoiler]For something they have talked about for some time, yeah a disappointment.  Couple new things, especially at the very end Trek related but too much on the Brian/Meg story.  Oh, well.[/spoiler]

sheldor

[spoiler]That whole ending with West and Ward(?) was just wierd[/spoiler]

Geekyfanboy

I haven't seen it yet.. but I heard that the Meg and Bryan story was the A story and they felt it couldn't carry the episode so they decided to add the TNG B story.

KC

I won't lie, I liked it. Do I wish they could have focused it more on Trek? For sure, but for what the episode was, I enjoyed it. I personally liked the Brian and Meg story, but I can see how others would find the episode disappointing overall. [spoiler]I feel a little bad about this, but I laughed when Denise Crosby was shot by Stewie, just because her character was the only one that died during TNG. Seriously, it was loud enough for the world to hear...  :ohwell[/spoiler]

Geekyfanboy

I'm with KC.. I really enjoyed it. Yes most of the TNG stuff was in that preview but it didn't take anything away from it.. at least for Harry and I.. we both laughed at every joke again.

I totally didn't get the Rob Lowe and Adam West thing. And the Meg/Brian Story was okay.