• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

"STAR TREK Into Darkness" - 2013

Started by Rico, June 17, 2009, 04:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roddenberry

Cumberbatch will be playing Sybok, so few Vulcans left and it'll be a movie centered around families coming together or falling apart, including our beloved Enterprise family.

Or not.  :D

Dangelus

I'm starting to enjoy all this messing about a little bit now :)

OK, if we take them true to their word all we know is Cumberbatch will play a character from canon but not Mitchell. Safe to say he probably isn't Khan either. Any guesses?

We see him fighting Spock in a Starfleet uniform. Assuming he's Starfleet for now, who would fit this bill? This is why I thought Mitchell would have made sense. Uniform, enhanced strength (holding his own with Spock)...

Aaargh!!! Lol

ChrisMC

Commodore Matt Decker, goin' crazy a bit early!
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

I'm still guessing he will be a "version of Khan." 

ChrisMC

Maybe one of the supermen with Khan. Maybe Khan dies in this universe somehow. Maybe, maybe, maybe. Maybe a human-like Klingon. Maybe an android. Maybe, they could tell us his name! Sorry, I'm on overload from Comic-con reveals.

Geoff G.o.B

As long as JJ leaves the lens flare behind I don't care what they do! Having watched most of the first one behind sunglasses and now I've just watched Super 8, seriously did JJ buy a job lot or something?
If you can remain calm when all around you are panicking, you probably didn't understand the question

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on July 15, 2012, 01:47:29 PM

That's it..it's Joachim. "Yours is...superior....."

ChrisMC

Quote from: Bryancd on July 15, 2012, 02:27:06 PM
Quote from: Rico on July 15, 2012, 01:47:29 PM

That's it..it's Joachim. "Yours is...superior....."
I shall avenge you!!

ChrisMC

Attention all personnel, incoming choppers with wounded....oh, and still not a WORD about the next Star Trek movie. That is all.

Geekyfanboy

What do you guys think of the title?

Exclusive: Sequel Title Confirmed – 'Star Trek Into Darkness' September 7, 2012
by Anthony Pascale , Filed under: Star Trek sequel (2013)

TrekMovie has an update on our earlier story regarding the title for the Star Trek sequel We can now confirm the title that has been chosen by JJ Abrams and Paramount for the 2013 movie. More details below.

Sequel title: "Star Trek Into Darkness"

TrekMovie has confirmed with multiple sources that "Star Trek Into Darkness" has been selected as the title for the 2013 sequel to JJ Abrams' Star Trek movie. This is a title that comes out of a long process of discussion amongst the creative team. As reported earlier, Paramount tested a number of titles for the film over the summer, including at least one title that did not include "Star Trek." Also noted in our earlier article, the title (by design) does not include a colon, like were used for the Next Generation films such as "Star Trek: First Contact" or "Star Trek: Nemesis."

While Paramount will not officially confirm the news, multiple sources have told TrekMovie this is the title they are going with as of now. It has also been reported that Paramount has secured the domain names to both www.startrekintodarkness.com and www.startrekintodarknessmovie.com, neither of which has any content.

As for the title itself, "Into Darkness" does not reveal anything specific about the plot. So for those who were hoping for "Star Trek Khan" or "The Revenge of Gary Mitchell" you are out of luck. However, "Into Darkness" certainly gives us a hint that this film could have a serious tone and perhaps darker theme than the 2009 Star Trek film. On the other hand the title is also evocative of Star Trek's core mission of going into the "darkness" of space, to seek out new life and new civilizations. Of course the current Trek team often point to Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy as inspiration, with the second film in that series being titled "The Dark Knight" which itself had some very dark themes. Is this Trek sequel Star Trek's "Dark Knight"? As that film grossed $1B world wide, I imagine Paramount is certainly hoping it is.

According to sources, the creative team are still working on how they will officially roll out this new title. The first acknowledgement will likely be made with some kind of visual treatment, either a type treatment for the title or possibly even a teaser poster or image. Indications are that this official roll out should be coming soon.

Dangelus

Not having the colon is interesting. Hopefully it will all make sense once we get a trailer.

Bryancd

I would prefer a colon. Does that sound weird? ;)

Rico

Title seems ok to me I guess.  Says pretty much nothing about the movie.  The colon thing (or a dash) doesn't matter much in my view.  I'm just VERY happy they kept 'Star Trek' in the title.

X

Quote from: Bryancd on September 08, 2012, 04:54:04 AM
I would prefer a colon. Does tat sound weird? ;)
Yep! TOS movies didn't need no stinking colons...

:)

Bryancd

The problem I have with the title is I keep reading it as a sentence. I would prefer STAR TREK: Into Darkness