News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

"Wonder Woman" TV series - NBC

Started by Rico, January 22, 2011, 07:06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

LOL ;)

I'm looking at the new outfit and the more i look at it the more i think that its lost that magic. I think i prefere the shiny trousers but with red boots.

Dangelus

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on March 31, 2011, 11:53:35 AM
LOL ;)

I'm looking at the new outfit and the more i look at it the more i think that its lost that magic. I think i prefere the shiny trousers but with red boots.

Hotpants!!

I keep saying it but nobody's listening.

We need hotpants I say! ;)

WillEagle

Ahhhhh, who will be looking at the pants or boots anyway. I really liked that second picture! Hello, sweet Susan!!!! And she can run as much as she wants to. Who needs to fly when you run like that!

Bromptonboy

I second the hot-pants motion - and failing that agree with Meds on the shiny pants w/red boots. 

Although a '7 of 9-esque' red white & blue cat suit with the same red boots might bring up the ratings....
Pete

Rico

Bromptonboy

Was that her stunt double?  Maybe it is the mobile-phone photography - but she looked like an ungainly runner.

((Maybe the Sandmen are chasing her...))

:)
Pete

WillEagle

If I was a bad guy I would want her to catch me!!

Geekyfanboy

Guess we get no new Wonder Woman :(

NBC Passes on Wonder Woman
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
May 12, 2011

David E. Kelley's "Wonder Woman" television series has failed to find a network pickup at NBC, says a story at The Hollywood Reporter.

The series was planned as a reinvention of the iconic DC Comics title in which Wonder Woman (Adrianne Palicki) is both a vigilante crime fighter in Los Angeles, a successful corporate executive (as her alter ego, Diana Prince) and a modern woman trying to balance all of the elements of her extraordinary life.

The pilot was written by Kelley and directed by Jeffrey Reiner ("The Event") and also featured Elizabeth Hurley, Pedro Pascal, Tracie Thoms and Cary Elwes in the cast.

With NBC declining to give the go-ahead, it is unlikely that the comic book adaptation will see the light of day as a series. What is more likely -- albeit, not a guarantee -- is that the produced pilot could be released in one form or another, as was the case with the unproduced "Smallville" spin-off, "Aquaman," which was released on iTunes and sold as a Best Buy exclusive.

Read more: NBC Passes on Wonder Woman - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=77500#ixzz1MCtP4ALz

Dangelus

Great. So now things are getting cancelled BEFORE they even make it to the screens! Lol

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Dangelus on May 12, 2011, 11:07:10 PM
Great. So now things are getting cancelled BEFORE they even make it to the screens! Lol

Oh well, at least we don't need to request those mins/hours of our life back...=\

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Dangelus

Quote from: Kingisaaclinksr on May 12, 2011, 11:08:55 PM

Oh well, at least we don't need to request those mins/hours of our life back...=\

King

It would have made it if they had gone with the hot pants. ;)

ElfManDan

Quote from: Dangelus on May 12, 2011, 11:14:01 PM

King

Oh you and those hot pants...

Rico

Sounded like the series was a bit of a mess from the start.  They need someone who understands comics and characters to do a comic book based TV series.  Hey Joss, what are you working on after "The Avengers" movie?  ;)

jedijeff

Quote from: Dangelus on May 12, 2011, 11:14:01 PM

King

I agree, the new Costume was ho - hum, maybe it would have had a chance with the previous costume :)

stonut

I think it suffered from the fact they tried to give her three alter egos. As for the hotpants not having the stars and do on, which I am sure it would have been a nice look, I did not get the hoo hah.