• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Started by Rico, November 10, 2012, 05:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheldor

Rico

Quote from: sheldor on December 13, 2015, 10:27:09 AM
Shouldn't you be in line by now?

Nope. Got tickets for both Thursday night and Friday.  Easy peasy.  :)

WillEagle

I haven't got tickets yet. My brother wants to go with me and our Dad because he is the one who took us to see Star Wars when we were kids. But instead of just the 3 of us we will have our wives and my brothers 2 kids. So getting to sit together could be an issue. Plus our local theater seems to be sold out till the new year! I may sneak to Columbus to see it and not just tell anybody!

Bromptonboy

I hope to see it next week - I have the whole week off.  can you believe this..my son wants to see the film with his friends, not the old man!  :)  He said 'I can see it again with you, Dad'. 
Pete

ricdude

Plan here is to take the family and friends out to see it on Christmas. Spoiler shields activating...

Bromptonboy

Seems to be universal praise from those that have seen the film.  Sounds great.  Might try and see it Friday during the day (since I am off starting then).  I should be able to get into a matinee.
Pete

Jobydrone

Hard to believe today is the day.  Thinking about it, even though it's only been just a little bit more than three years since the announcement that Disney took over the Star Wars franchise, and even less time since they released the first tidbits of info about the new movie, it feels like I've been waiting for this day since some time in 1983.  The only Star Wars story that really matters to me ended then, and now more than thirty years later, after hundreds or even thousands of books, comics, cartoons, and even a prequel trilogy that all somehow failed to completely satisfy, I've never felt more powerfully that the real thing is finally here.  There's no other entertainment franchise that completely encapsulates my childhood like this one.  Trek comes close, I loved TOS as a kid, but I didn't fall head over heels in love with Trek (like I did with Star Wars) until TNG brought me back into the fold.  All those hours spent, watching, re-watching, acting out the scenes with my little brother while the movie played in the background, forming my own adventures with my action figures and playsets, playing the video games...this series and these characters feels like as much a part of me as my hands, head, and heart.

I'm staying off the web today.  Although I've seen the trailers and TV spots, I've managed to go all the way to the day of release and kept myself spoiler free.  I have no clue whats coming...but I have a powerful feeling that I'm going to love it.  For all of you going to see it tonight...Rico...I know most if not all of you feel exactly the same way and it's awesome this happiness is spread out to all of us.  It's why we bonded so easily here, however different we are in our backgrounds, politics, philosophies, faiths...we have this in common and it brought us together.  And there's millions of us.  That's pretty important. 

Sorry for the ramble, Jobydrone signing off for now.  I'll be back tonight, until then have fun my friends, and be young again!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

WillEagle

Well said, Jobydrone.

Our local theater did have tickets available. There was some issue with when they could start presale soooo now I am waiting to hear from my brother or niece if they were able to get tickets for Friday!!!!! Oh, I hope so! There will be 8 of us going! I wish they would hurry up and text me or something!!!

Rico

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Bromptonboy

Hmm, may try a matinee today (play hooky from work)
Pete

WillEagle

I have 2 hours to go till Star Wars - The Force Awakens!!! It is going too slow. Work did go pretty quick today though. All 8 of are able to go so hopefully we will be able to sit together! Can't wait, can't wait!!!

Rico

Bromptonboy

Can we talk about this now in spoiler tags?  I have a couple of questions - but am afraid of all those dire spoiler warnings.  :)
Pete

jedijeff

I saw it yesterday with a friend. Going again tomorrow by Myself. Looking forward to discussing more about it in the upcoming days. I enjoyed it a lot, but really feel I need the second viewing, and a few more past that to really get the full effect of it for me. I feel this movie for me, will be one that will take a bit of time for me to build the connection to, sort of like when you listen to a new record, it might take multiple listens to really get everything out of it, as not everything jumps out of you at first. This movie feels a bit that way to me, in that over time, I will grow to appreciate it more and more, and a lot of times I find those types of experiences the most satisfying. So on one hand, I feel a bit down that I did not come out of this movie feeling the rush that others had, but on the other hand, I am excited in that I have seen this movie, and know for me, that seeing it again I will get more out of it. It might be that I love Star Wars so much, and that I am maybe a minority, in that I really loved the Original Trilogy, but also have a deep love for the prequels as well, so I guess I look at this movie a bit, in where it fits in that larger Star Wars Universe more so then a followup to the OT movies. I think I really enjoy piecing together everything in that Universe, The Movies, The TV Shows, the Books and other materials, so I am looking forward to diving in fitting this movie in there as well, and all the connections between all this.