• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

DC Comics - The New 52!!!!

Started by WillEagle, August 12, 2011, 09:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

I picked up the 2nd issue of Supergirl and Superman. Good reads. :D

Rico

I am wondering if DC will be trimming this line down at some point.  There seem to be too many books to really keep up on and some seem pretty weak to me.

WillEagle

I haven't seen where they plan to trim down the books. They have been coming out with some new mini-series as well that cover heroes not in the New 52. I picked these up about 3 weeks ago and The Green Lantern Corps does not disapoint. The story is called "Force of Will" and it was not only a cool name for the comic but it was a very good one!
Green Lantern Corps #3 - 9!
Supergirl #3 - 9! A really good story line starting in this one.
Haven't read the Justice League or Superman #2 yet. I had missed #2 but they got more in at the comic shop.

WillEagle

These 2 books were from two weeks ago and I did read the Firestorm and enjoyed it alot better than #2 so for now I'm going to stick with it. Still need to read Superman. And there were no New 52 that i picked up this last week.
Firestorm #3 - 8.

WillEagle

This batch of the New 52 was from last week and I just wanted to say I have been enjoying the Green Arrow series quite a bit. I need to catch up on the other titles and plan to do so some this weekend. I have gotten into to many of these New 52 and I should cut back on some...BUT I DON"T WANT TOO!!!!
New bad guy in JLI. I don't regonize him. Looks like Batman is in TROUBLE! Really like the Green Arrow cover and I did read this one and I rate it a 8.
Check these out!!

WillEagle

Finally got to catch up on Justice League and JLI. Here is my ratings for them.
Justice League #3 - 9
JLI #3 - 9
JLI #4 - 8.
Still need to catch up on other titles like Superman and Detective.
I picked up these 2 issues last night along with The Avengers and a graphic novel of the Incredible Hulk called "Split Decisions. They didn't have the new Supergirl so he was going to order one for me.
I did read both issues.
Justice League - 9
Green lantern Corps - 8
Here is a pic of the new issues.

WillEagle

Picked up Superman and Firestorm #4. Read the Firestorm and this title goes back and forth for me. I don't know if I'll keep up with it or not. I am a little behind on the Superman title. Need to catch up with it. I do like the cover on the Firestorm. Check it out.

Meds

I've stayed with Supergirl, Batman, Batman Dark Knight and Superman. I think i will stick with those ones. I gave a few others a go and i didn't gell with them.

WillEagle

I picked these up last week but finally have a chance to post a pic and talk about them a little bit. Green Arrow was another good one as was the JLI. JLI 'seemed' to end the current storyline but I'm not too sure. Green Arrow was also another good romp. The one I really wanted to talk about though was the Action Comic. I don't know how many of you out there read Issue #5 of Action but to me it's main story wasn't the best but there was a second short story included about Jonathan and Martha Kent. Possible spoiler here!! It is about them trying to have children and failing to do so. I don't know if I ever mentioned it on here before but my wife and I were also not able to have children so I was surprised to see such a story in a comic book. There may be others that I'm not aware of but that really surprised me and yes got to me a little bit. Saying that though I thought is was a very well done story and pretty accurate as well. Well except for the part of a rocket from Krypton falling to Earth. I sometimes do have certain reactions to some of the comics I read but this short story had a whole new reaction. Even though the story hit home pretty hard I rated the issue an 8. The story was written by Sholly Fisch and I am going to look up and see if I can find more work from this writer.
JLI - 9
Green Arrow - 8.
Here's a pic of the issues I picked up last week.

WillEagle

Here are the issues I picked up on Thursday. Green Lantern Corps has been very good so far and I have been enjoying the Supergirl comic as well. Justice League was supposed to be out but It didn't come in yet. I missed issue #4 of Supergirl and they ordered one for me. Haven't had the chance to read these yet.
I did decide to drop Detective comics and I may drop the Firestorm title. I'm just getting too many and with two of my other tiltes ending soon I'll have a little wiggle room for other mini-series that may come out.
Here is a pic.

Jobydrone

I've leafed through the latest issue of Justice League Dark last time I was in the comic store.  Is anyone reading this thinking it would be worth picking up?  I don't have alot of knowledge of DC, whats the general gist behind this title?
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

I'm just reading the main JLA title.  Way too many DC comics right now to keep up on.

WillEagle

I have never read the Justice League Dark title, Joby, but the ones I have been reading of the New 52 have been very good.

WillEagle

I finally read the Green Lantern Corps #5 it was another good story. The story arc they are doing in this book has been very good.
#5 gets an 8.
I picked up 3 more #5's on Saturday. Haven't read any of them yet. I really like the cover of the Justice League book. The cover was done by Jim Lee & Scott Williams with Alex Sinclair.

WillEagle

I read all of last weeks New 52.
Firestorm #5 - 8. This title goes back and forth for me. I'm still debating on dropping it.
Superman #5 - 8. This title for me has been pretty consistant. However they are starting with a new creative team with issue #7.
Justice League #5 - 10+! This was an awesome issue. The art on the last page was awesome! It really gives you a feeling that your not on Earth anymore!
The 3 books I picked up this week were JLI, Green Arrow & Action Comics. So far I have only read the JLI and I really enjoyed it.
JLI #6 - 9.
Check out the pic of the this weeks releases.