• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Out Of Range Podcast by Dangelus

Started by Dangelus, June 22, 2011, 01:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangelus

Hey guys,

I'm starting a podcast!  ;D

It's called "Out Of Range" and it will be about, well pretty much anything I have an interest in, usually of the geeky variety. The title gives it a scifi and tech vibe which I'm sure will be a major part of the show as well as some comic book stuff, toys and kids TV I'm wanting to cover.

Thanks to those whose brains I've picked to get some advice, I'm sure I'll be calling on you again soon. ;)

The website is up and running although there's not much on it at the minute. You can find it here:

http://www.dangelus.com/outofrange/

I'm not committing myself to a timescale for this podcast. I sure as heck can't do a weekly show (don't know how you manage it Rico and Rick!) but I want it to be regular as possible.

The first show will be an intro to the podcast (hopefully) closely followed by a show on the classic 80's Japanese TV show "Monkey!". American / Canadians probably won't have a clue about this as it was never broadcast over there but it should be very familiar to UK and Australian listeners. Comments welcome! ;)

This is a learning curve for me but I'm really excited about it. If anybody has any suggestions please get in touch, I need all the help I can get! ;)

billybob476

Awesome! I was wondering what it was you were up to...

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Dangelus

Oh I meant to say,

If you're interested please follow the podcast on twitter @_out_of_range_

Email is podcast@dangelus.com

:)

KingIsaacLinksr

A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Dangelus

Pilot episode of the podcast is up!

Just a little one (about 8 minutes)  to introduce the show.

iTunes feed is being reviewed by the powers that be but hopefully it will be up soon. In the meantime just go to the website and play it from the podcast archive :)

I'd appreciate some feedback guys if you get the chance.

I'm excited! :)

http://www.dangelus.com/outofrange/

Bryancd

Excellent! New stuff to listen to while I sweat!

QuadShot

Nice. In my humble opinion, there's one thing that makes a podcast enjoyable and that's the presenter being themselves. And you're certainly coming across that way. Your show sounds like a cross between Treks in Sci Fi, Waffle On and Just Because (and I don't mean that in a bad or complaining way). Well done and I'll be subscribing for sure! Al

Dangelus

Quote from: QuadShot on June 29, 2011, 02:01:47 PM
Nice. In my humble opinion, there's one thing that makes a podcast enjoyable and that's the presenter being themselves. And you're certainly coming across that way. Your show sounds like a cross between Treks in Sci Fi, Waffle On and Just Because (and I don't mean that in a bad or complaining way). Well done and I'll be subscribing for sure! Al

Thanks Al,

I really appreciate the comments! To be compared to those is very flattering. I have a lot to learn and a lot to do with the first "proper" podcast coming up.

It's exciting stuff! :)

QuadShot

Just a sugestion, but if you'd like to talk about your new podcast to the Just Because listeners...to get the word out a bit, you're more than welcome on the show my friend! Just let me know.

Dangelus

Quote from: QuadShot on June 29, 2011, 02:24:26 PM
Just a sugestion, but if you'd like to talk about your new podcast to the Just Because listeners...to get the word out a bit, you're more than welcome on the show my friend! Just let me know.

Thanks. I would like to find my feet with the show and get a few under my belt, but yes that would be a great idea for the future! :)

QuadShot

You got it, just let me know when you're ready!

Bromptonboy

Subscribed via iTunes.  I'll listen in the AM during the commute.
Pete

billybob476