• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

podcast album art appearing 'low res'

Started by billybob476, December 06, 2011, 06:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

Noticed this in Instacast (not sure but I believe it also happens via iTunes), when I'm listening to the show on my iPhone the album art looks very low-res and 'jaggy'. Not sure if this is just a question of switching out the album art image in the feed with a higher-res version.

No biggie, just thought I'd point it out. Image below (more noticeable if you blow it up to actual size).

Rico

Hmmm, I'll double check it later in iTunes. 

Joe - check the last few podcasts and see what they look like for me in this Instacast thing, please.

Thanks!

billybob476

That's how it looks consistently. If anyone who has an iphone/ipod touch gets the podcast via iTunes it'd be interesting to see if it's specific to Instacast.

Dangelus

It looks like that for me using Pocket Casts also.

Rico

Quote from: billybob476 on December 06, 2011, 09:09:04 AM
That's how it looks consistently. If anyone who has an iphone/ipod touch gets the podcast via iTunes it'd be interesting to see if it's specific to Instacast.

In iTunes it's fine.  I just checked the last 4-5 podcasts.  All have the specific album art that I used for each show.  So, as long as it's fine in iTunes I'm happy.

Dangelus

I think these apps can only see the generic 300x300 podcast logo as used in iTunes.

Who looks at the pictures anyway? :)

billybob476

No worries, just thought I'd point it out.