• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Here we go again, Mom Back in Hospital

Started by iceman, November 04, 2011, 04:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

In addition to moms two blocked arteries in her heart she has started to have trouble breathing and has been getting anxiety and asthma like symptoms that have left her gasping for air to the point that she collapses and passes out. this is the third time since October 17 that this has happened.

Last night she woke up at 1.30 am coughing which resulted in her gasping for air to the point that she passed out and while falling hit her head against the corner of her dresser. After stabilizing her I found that she had a massive hematoma on her forehead and massive gashes to the corner of her eye and lower eye lid. The ambulance was called and she has been admitted to hospital with what I suspect is a concussion and to figure out what is going on. Somebody please tell me when this nightmare will end it has been going on since August 15th and besides her I look after my 83 year old mother-in-law who has Dementia

Feathers

I can't answer your question but only say 'Hang in there'. I know it's tough but without your efforts and care I'm sure it would be so much worse for her.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Definitely a difficult situation.  As Mike said, try your best to hang in there.

Zarabeth32

Hi Iceman,

So sorry to hear about your situation with both of your mothers. Hope that all will go better for you soon. Big Hugs and warm thoughts going your way.

Z
In honor of my still living father - "I drank what?"

Bromptonboy

That is terrible.  Hang in there, pal.  It sounds like you are being a good son & son-in-law.
Pete

turtlesrock

hang in there, bud.
best of wishes to your mother and mother-in-law.

billybob476

Like others have said, hang in there. We're thinking of you.